Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

WIGGLE - BRILLIANT

protoproto Posts: 1,483
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
As an attempt to redress the 'WIGGLE- USELESS' thread, my recent Wiggle experience:

Bought some Northwave road shoes from them. Despatched within a day (but held up by the post office for three).

They arrived on Friday. Next day took them to Spain with me, where a screw fell out of the rubber heel. Wore them from the rest of the week.

Got home on Saturday. Posted them back to Wiggle on Monday with returns form. Post cost £4.90. They would have got them Tuesday or Wednesday>

Email on Thursday informing me that Wiggle had refunded my post cost £4.90.

Shortly afterwards another from them saying replacement shoes would be despatched that day.

Shoes arrived Today (Friday).

I reckon that's very good service.

Posts

  • cornerblockcornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Pah. They ruined your holiday, should pay for a new one. :)
  • My experience of Wiggle themselves is usually positive

    However the third parties they use for delivery are usually the weakest link

    It was so much easier when you could pick stuff up from the Post Office

    Which is mainly why I now use the other companies who permit this service

    Cheers
  • ShutUpLegsShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    What Zipvit freebie did you get?
  • cbrsydcbrsyd Posts: 13
    Very pleased with how Wiggle dealt with a problem with my new bike.

    Ordered a new Charge Juicer which arrived within 3 days (despite site saying 5 to 7 days delivery) but arrived with a dented front mudguard.
    Emailed Wiggle with some digital photos, they replied same day with an apology and said they would send out a replacement which arrived the day after their email.

    Can't really say fairer than that.
  • ceequeceeque Posts: 52
    well I can`t think much higher of them at the mo. Ordered a charge spoon saddle off them at about 1am Friday morning, using normal delivery option so as not to pay for anything extra, just arrived today, Sat. morning! AND with a free blackcurrant zipvit gel! To top it all off the saddle was at the cheapest price I`ve seen it at anywhere in the last month, a mere £19.99! Just can`t get much better than that?
  • T-ReksterT-Rekster Posts: 110
    Now used Wiggle 3-4 times, and always found them, their website and their delivery brilliant, their DHB range of clothing is just unbeatable for the money!
  • Ordered a new jersey on thursday, despatched friday, arrived saturday, wore it today. Excellent experience as usual.

    Got a zipvit gel free too
  • TMRTMR Posts: 3,986
    It's entirely possible to have a good or bad shopping experience with most online retailers - it's pure chance IMHO.

    FWIW, I've used Wiggle a number of times and they've been great.
  • SecteurSecteur Posts: 1,971
    Bought 2 items from Wiggle and ha brilliant service.

    However, their 15% voucher code is only giving me 5% off the item I want to buy (despite saying "at least 15% off everything when you spend over £50"). Despite two emails over the last couple of days I have not had a reply, and looks like I will be buying the item elsewhere on principal (£400 item)
  • flasherflasher Posts: 1,733
    Secteur wrote:

    However, their 15% voucher code is only giving me 5% off the item I want to buy (despite saying "at least 15% off everything when you spend over £50"). Despite two emails over the last couple of days I have not had a reply, and looks like I will be buying the item elsewhere on principal (£400 item)

    I'd imagine that it's because the item already has 10% off.

    Wiggle wrote:
    Discount will reduce basket contents to a maximum of 15% off. If items in the basket already have discount applied to 15% or greater, no additional discount will display
  • SecteurSecteur Posts: 1,971
    looks like you're right.

    Bit misleading, though, isn't it!

    And an email reply from them would have been nice...

    Anyway, thanks for clarifying.
  • benjboybenjboy Posts: 258
    I blame Speedking :twisted: ..
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • rolf_frolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Flasher wrote:
    Secteur wrote:

    However, their 15% voucher code is only giving me 5% off the item I want to buy (despite saying "at least 15% off everything when you spend over £50"). Despite two emails over the last couple of days I have not had a reply, and looks like I will be buying the item elsewhere on principal (£400 item)

    I'd imagine that it's because the item already has 10% off.

    Wiggle wrote:
    Discount will reduce basket contents to a maximum of 15% off. If items in the basket already have discount applied to 15% or greater, no additional discount will display

    I just put in an order for about £90 worth of stuff. Discovered that the voucher for changing my mailing list details (£5) was worth marginally more than the 15% discount!

    A bit of an own goal at times - changing the wording a bit might help though of course that makes the urgency value of the sale less significant.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Hello OP, im happy that you had a positive experience with Wiggle. I thought Id copy and paste what ive just wrote on my thread - Wiggle - Useless, just to keep you posted and put closer on my experience with them. Theres always two sides to every company!-

    Thanks for all the replies, its always good to hear other peoples opinions, after all thats what a forum is all about. What I want to highlight is not the fact that my order got lost, its the total uninterested impersonal handleing of the matter from Wiggle.


    One thing i notice is how difficult it is to get a phone number to contact them. All other cycling sites I use - CRC, Cycles UK, Evans, etc all clearly show a number, but not Wiggle.....I wonder why?

    I know there are thousands who use Wiggle and never have a problem - thats great, but I want to highlight what happens if your order doesnt arrive and the way Wiggle handle it. Here is the time line and brief responses I got from them-

    24th March - Placed order online.
    25th March- Wiggle reply, order processed, allow 2-3 to arrive.

    30th March- I Email Wiggle saying nothings arrived
    01st April - Wiggle tell me to start knocking neighbours doors and go to local sorting office to look for my things. I email back saying nothing found.

    03rd April - Wiggle email me saying I now must wait a full 14 days from order date before they can do anthing as it may be held up in bad weather or there might be post office industrial action!

    06th April -14 days from order - I email saying i want action taken. Wiggle reply saying I must wait until tomorrow incase it arrives in the afternoon!
    07th - I email again demanding action.

    12th April - Wiggle email saying - it looks like your parcel has been lost (!!!) Do I want them to repost or refund it.

    13th April - Wiggle refund me - 23 days after I made my order.

    So i refer you back to my opening post - Wiggle (on this occasion) useless.
    fellow cyclists please visit - www.justgiving.com/markfaloon
  • Ordered a new jersey on Sunday, despatched Monday, arrived Tuesday, wore it same day looking in the mirror to check myself out.. Excellent experience as usual. Never had any problems with Wiggle, but bearing in mind the amount of orders they must receive they're bound to muck up sometime and not being funny but 23 days isn't that long really to wait for a refund, depending on size of order and bank account!

    Got a zipvit gel free too!
  • ThebigbeeThebigbee Posts: 570
    I have only bought one thing off them - a Smart BSpoke 1W front light for the bargain price of £13.75 delivered.

    Turned up a few days later and was great.

    However I buy most of my stuff of CRC - always had great service from them although sometimes they can be a little slow responding to queries - and for the things I have needed anyway - their prices are very keen and generally lower than Wiggle.
  • flasherflasher Posts: 1,733
    Va Va Boom wrote:
    24th March - Placed order online.
    25th March- Wiggle reply, order processed, allow 2-3 to arrive.

    30th March- I Email Wiggle saying nothings arrived
    01st April - Wiggle tell me to start knocking neighbours doors and go to local sorting office to look for my things. I email back saying nothing found.

    03rd April - Wiggle email me saying I now must wait a full 14 days from order date before they can do anthing as it may be held up in bad weather or there might be post office industrial action!

    06th April -14 days from order - I email saying i want action taken. Wiggle reply saying I must wait until tomorrow incase it arrives in the afternoon!
    07th - I email again demanding action.

    12th April - Wiggle email saying - it looks like your parcel has been lost (!!!) Do I want them to repost or refund it.

    13th April - Wiggle refund me - 23 days after I made my order.

    So i refer you back to my opening post - Wiggle (on this occasion) useless.

    How on earth can you blame Wiggle for the Royal Mail's screw-up?
    Royal Mail wrote:
    (vii) Items sent by 1st Class, 2nd Class, Standard Parcels and Recorded Signed For™ are not classed as lost until 15 working days after the due date
Sign In or Register to comment.