northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
.... I blame wiggle

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    :lol:

At least they're being blamed for something good. I'm going to blame them for a dead bike.

You know keepin it real and all that.

Love n hugs n poorly bike

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Yeah and hit with a double shift. :cry::cry::cry:

But same for at least next few days. :D:D:D:D
  • Am I the only one who is genuinely excited and cant wait for tomorrow to come??? This will be the first nice day of the year I have been able to get out on the bike, and barring a couple of commutes, it's the first time I will venture out in shorts!!

Bring it on...... :D
  • Grifteruk
    Grifteruk Posts: 244
    Well I couldn't resist and chucked in work for the day ! Me and two mates got in 106 miles around llyn brianne in Brecon. Devils staircase beat me but the weather made up for it.

Bib shorts summer jersey and fingerless gloves - summer has arrived :D
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Got my first tan lines today. 8)
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Post ride beer in the back garden after a lovely ride on a lovely day. 8)
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Another fabulous day weather-wise. I took yesterday off work and made the most of it and now wish I'd missed the Malaysian GP qualifying and gone out earlier today as the roads were heaving around here by 11am and it only got worse.

Likewise, a couple of Perlenbachers and a For Goodness Shake in the sun.
    If it wasn't for work being f**ked up with the new tax year (comes as a big surprise the 6th April - every year :roll: ) I wouldn't have believed it was April.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    it is indeed a beautiful day. I even got to see the love of my life clare balding; she looks even more stunning in sunlight.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Stewie Griffin
    it is indeed a beautiful day. I even got to see the love of my life clare balding; she looks even more stunning in sunlight.

I think your phones predictive text has changed some fit birds name to Clare Balding. Always proof read before hitting submit. :lol:
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Ands wrote:
    Got my first sunburn today :)
  • it is indeed a beautiful day. I even got to see the love of my life clare balding; she looks even more stunning in sunlight.

I heard Clare Balding going on about something on the radio this morning. She didn't sound all that stunning but I suppose the radio can be deceptive.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,617
    .... shame about the strong winds though (at least here in Devon)! A cracking ride today nonetheless from Topsham (south coast of Devon) up to Watchet on the north Somerset coast, then back home via Exmoor. But the last leg was a killer - 15-20mph headwind .... just what my legs didn't want! Tomorrow looks a bit stiller, but then the strong winds are back next week - pah!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I blame the tw@t of a drug addict that attacked me this morning and bit my arm resulting in a right mess and a very worrying 3 month wait to find out if I've contracted his HIV.

At least I have the prospect of a pay freeze and a decimated pension to look forward to.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I blame the tw@t of a drug addict that attacked me this morning and bit my arm resulting in a right mess and a very worrying 3 month wait to find out if I've contracted his HIV.

At least I have the prospect of a pay freeze and a decimated pension to look forward to.

I could send you a signed photo of Clare Balding if that would cheer you up.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    The sun is shining and my war pension just went up....by 1 (one) pound 3 pence a week

The horse I backed finished last in the National......

It;s just a perfect day.......

NOT

george
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    Tis truly lovely weather. I took my new BMC Streetfire into Evans cycles to get the noisy bottom bracket looked at and spent the best part of 10 minutes staring at a woman with the most beautiful and shapely posterior I have ever seen. In fact, it was such a lovely bottom that I went home and told my wife and, to prove how wonderful and understanding a wife she is, she didn't even punch me in the face.

Happy Days
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    thegibdog wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    Got my first sunburn today :)

+1 to the sunburn.

I always think that somehow the sunlight won't catch me up and burn me as I'm steaming along at mighty speeds on a ride... but according to wikipedia the speed of light is a bit faster than 11mph.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • howie3472
    howie3472 Posts: 110
    And me for the sun burn too. :D
    Trek 1.2
    FCN 5
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    hstiles wrote:
    Tis truly lovely weather. I took my new BMC Streetfire into Evans cycles to get the noisy bottom bracket looked at and spent the best part of 10 minutes staring at a woman with the most beautiful and shapely posterior I have ever seen. In fact, it was such a lovely bottom that I went home and told my wife and, to prove how wonderful and understanding a wife she is, she didn't even punch me in the face.

Happy Days

What the hell was my missus doing in Evans?????
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Got my first whiff of suncream today, must admit I felt a stirring! Thoughts of long summer days on the bike, BBQ's with friends, lazy days on the beach, pretending I am reading whilst eyeing up Italian bikini clad stunnas ( mirror sunglassses a great invention!!). The fact it was a hairy arsed builder applying the suncream to himself did kind of ruin the moment! Roll on Summer. 8)
  • Anonymous
    FUc}<

Confirmed the bastard that bit me is HIV+ :x
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    FUc}< indeed. Hope that all will be ok. Not a medical expert, but from what I gather, just because you get bitten by someone with HIV it does not mean you automaticaly contract it. Even if the skin is punctured. Sh*t thing to happen to you. I found this;

Can I get HIV from a human bite?

It is very unlikely that a person would get HIV from a human bite. HIV can only be passed in this manner through direct blood-to-blood contact and not by exchanging saliva. To pass the virus, the infected person would need to have blood in his or her mouth and break the skin of the other person. The break in the skin of the uninfected person could allow infected blood to enter his or her bloodstream. If a person who does not have HIV bites and breaks the skin of a person with HIV, transmission of the virus could only occur if the uninfected person has open sores or cuts in the mouth that allow for blood-to-blood contact.
  • Anonymous
    Yeah cheers mate, should be OK. Hep C is an issue too though but only have to wait 6 weeks for that.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    terrible Nap... good luck, all the best and let us know
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    jibi wrote:
    hstiles wrote:

Happy Days

What the hell was my missus doing in Evans?????

Asking my wife what fitness regime she underwent to obtain a posterior a few lbs lighter than hers :wink:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Yeah cheers mate, should be OK. Hep C is an issue too though but only have to wait 6 weeks for that.

Sorry to hear this... hope it all works out OK. I have to very occasionally deal with angry people in my job as a teacher (parents - not kids) and even though it has never come to a physical confrontation it's incredibly stressful. I can't imagine how coppers cope with having to deal with violent nutters every day.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I'd be more worried that he's radioactive and you mutate into a chav. If you find yourself swigging Sunny D and/or Buckfast and being strangely attracted to Burberry take immediate action - throw yourself off a tall building / bridge / cliff. In a worst case scenario, nuke yourself from orbit - it's the only way to be sure. :wink:

Back on topic: Beautiful blue skies, mild breeze and summery temperatures up here. I'm working all weekend. Grrrrr... :evil:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    NapD. That sucks it really does. Hope all goes well for you.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Wasting it
    Football yesterday
    Paris - Roubaix today.

Might get out after team
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Stewie Griffin
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    NapD. That sucks it really does. Hope all goes well for you.

Love n hugs

DD

+1, hope he got his bell rung while resisting arrest.