Stolen White Orange 21" P7 and Trek 4300 WSD Customs.

j96_2
j96_2 Posts: 188
edited June 2011 in MTB stolen
Hi. Last night in york near bishopthorpe, between 9:30 and 10:10pm my uncle (orange_man) had his white Orange P7 custom stolen from his shed (which was securely locked up) and wondered if you could keep both your eyes and your ears peeled. Also a womens Trek 4300. Distinguishable by its lack of gear cables, de-attached shimano hydraulic brakes and rock shox dart ones. If your hear or see anything strange about a similar bike(s) please do not hesitate to return a comment or Pm me or orange_man.
Some key things to look for on the P7:
White Rock shox revelations
Thomson seat post and Stem
Easton Monkey white handle bars
Slx chainset
XT Brakes
21" frame sticker
Mavic Crossride rims.
I have attached a picture of the P7, any help you can give would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Comments

• j96_2
    2zspf1t.jpg Here is the picture. I hope you can help guys!
  • SCOTT325SE
    SCOTT325SE Posts: 888
    whats your uncles name j96_2 ? Im sure ive seen that bike before!
  • j96_2
    He's called Scott. He is listed as ORANGE_MAN on here :)
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    The maroon (?) headset makes this quite recognisable, and it's the type of thing the average scumbag thief wouldn't think/know how to change. Good luck!

a serious case of small cogs
  • j96_2
    Red mate, yeah hopefully the twats wont have any luck changing that!! To be honest they probably dont even know what they've stolen, they'll have sold it to some one for £200 and made a bit of money and given someone else a problem! the insurance company has coughed up and he has a Specialized enduro expert on the way, but thats not the point!!! Ass holes!!
  • SCOTT325SE
    j96_2 wrote:
    He's called Scott. He is listed as ORANGE_MAN on here :)

Yea... i recognise the name... Scott Bowlby, right (i can confirm an address if needs be, as I still have it for the next time I visit york)....
    Anyway, sorry to be the bearer of bad news to you chap, as I'm sure you look up to your uncle and all that, but that bike being stolen couldnt have happened to a bigger scumbag if I could have hand-picked it myself!
    Your uncle is known on here for taking money for goods and not sending them, OR, IN MY CASE, me sending him a £235 set of white Reba forks and him never paying me for them. So in responce to your uncles bike being stolen, i say "GOOD!" he probably didnt pay for it anyway!
    IF (and i stress IF) your uncle is the same person that I am refering to, then he is a thief and if I was you, I would steer clear of him, or you'll end up down the same path and you seem (can only take at face value on a forum after all) like a sincere young man, and I wouldnt wish you to end up a sad thieving pikey tw@t, or people will be going round saying the same thing about you... and nobody wants that.

I'm afraid that if I saw the person who stole that bike, i'd probably shake his hand.

confirm his name mate and go talk to your uncle about the nice guy from wales who he never paid for his Rebas. If he's got an ounce of decency in him, he'll pay for the forks (and send the other bits that he owes people)... but i seriously doubt that will happen!

What goes around, comes around.
    Karma mate!
  • j96_2
    Well It has nothing to do with me and i aint getting involved. but he's still my uncle and i'd rather you didnt slate him on a forum. thanks.
  • SCOTT325SE
    so you want to assist a thief in getting potentially stolen goods back? Thats not wise. That makes you an accomplice, which will give you a criminal recvord. The best thing you can do is forget about that bike until the end of time.
    I was merely stating the facts though Young Sir, please dont take it personally - Im sure you're an honest young man.

I will keep an eye out for the bike though..............

and shake the thiefs hand

bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Remember people, what goes around comes around. I am very much a firm believer in that.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • Just a shame the insurance paid out. I hope it was somebody he ripped off that lifted his P7.

I know he's your uncle j96_2 but hes also a liar and a thief, he stole £220 from me. Think about how youd feel if you were in my shoes. Hopefully cosmic justice will continue shitting on him from a great height until he makes things right.
  • snowden_88
    snowden_88 Posts: 174
    Just a shame the insurance paid out. I hope it was somebody he ripped off that lifted his P7.

I know he's your uncle j96_2 but hes also a liar and a thief, he stole £220 from me. Think about how youd feel if you were in my shoes. Hopefully cosmic justice will continue ******** on him from a great height until he makes things right.

I agree. People who don't pay up or don't send goods after being paid are crooks who hide behind a computer.

Your uncle sounds like a moron and he deserved it.
    "it's like a gift, you know? It's like I can't control it"