Converting My Specialized FSR xc to 10 Speed

aodonnell69
aodonnell69 Posts: 8
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello there,

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I have bought the above frame and in the process of building it to hit the trails on. I have kind of hit a wall, I have bought Shimano SLX Dyna sys 10 speed groupset. Fitted the bottom bracket, chainrings and arms. Then I came to fit the Front mech and it wont fit. The clamp size is correct as checked with the manual, 34.9mm but it seems the position where the front mech should be on the chainring is too high. Therefore putting it on the welded part for the rear suspension. The original chainring according to the bike manual wasnt that much bigger.

Bit stuck and thinking it might be a visit to a bike shop but thought I would ask and see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like you have the wrong front mech.

there are two versions.

high band and low band.

get the correct one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks mate

Think I have found the one I need as its Bottom Bracket Mounting and not the one I have. So think its an ebay sale and buy I think.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes there is also the E type fitting (BB mount).
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown