itboffin to JZed come in JZed

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Would you believe it's all ready 22c here in boffin-land?

Well I thought you'd like to know that mrs itboffin has the day off so we're getting the BBQ out, having a few friends and family over for a lunch time sunshine BBQ party. Think i'll just pop out for a quick spin before peeps start arriving.

Pimms anyone ..?

:twisted:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Bloody jobless, lazing around in the sun, bike riding, dole claiming, granny beating, lout.
    Jealous, moi?

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add: My taxes are paying for your Pimms!
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'll be doing a coast to coast in the sunshine later, not quite across the country but freewheeling to the coast, a mere 12 miles away.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    dhope wrote:
    Bloody jobless, lazing around in the sun, bike riding, dole claiming, granny beating, lout.
    Jealous, moi?

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add: My taxes are paying for your Pimms!

If only that were the case, alas i'm still "employed" until Monday after which I will be most of the above.

Scorching hot, phew! Pimms in ones Bidon sounds like a wonderful idea noi!

Oh and it's most defo best bike weather 8)
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    WFH today but think its time for a little fresh air :wink:
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    :lol::lol::lol:

Wondered how long before you dragged your sorry non-sc stats rear out of bed, sobered up from yesterdays alcohol intake and started goading me.

If you set off now - you may be able to get to RP in time for a lap and a pint after. Few more miles to move you up from 98th?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    god dammit!

its wetter than an otters pocket here...and windy!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

Wondered how long before you dragged your sorry non-sc stats rear out of bed, sobered up from yesterdays alcohol intake and started goading me.

If you set off now - you may be able to get to RP in time for a lap and a pint after. Few more miles to move you up from 98th?

Dude I wake up at 5.30am every morning come rain or sunshine, I may very well then roll over and go back to sleep :wink:

Ahhhh now that was a nice cough! cough! little ride :roll: - it's cool to turn up late for ones own BBQ party right!?

must dash there's several burgers with my name on them 8)
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    Dude I wake up at 5.30am every morning come rain or sunshine

Weak bladder - happens when you get old :wink:

You're on a slippery slope boffin..... :lol:

1C77D98D-AB52-0282-16A99B8FD875D5A7.jpg
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I'd love to have been out on my bike in this glorious weather. Unfortunately I'm looking after the dog so I've had to put up with leisurely walks around the Heath and liquid refreshment whenever the opportunity has presented itself. The opportunity has been presented quite frequently, and I feel refreshed to the point of needing an afternoon snooze.
  • itboffin
    Yo JZed i forgot to mention when i was out on Sat I spotted some hill billy types prepping their BBQ, perhaps they know something us townies dont or perhaps they're just waiting for you city folk to head to the countryside for some "fun in the wood" southern comfort style :-)
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    Yo JZed i forgot to mention when i was out on Sat I spotted some hill billy types prepping their BBQ, perhaps they know something us townies dont or perhaps they're just waiting for you city folk to head to the countryside for some "fun in the wood" southern comfort style :-)

I think its a sign Boffin - you know - you should eat a few burgers sink a few beers. It will help with winning the lantern rouge :wink:

P.s my nutritionalist says I can have beer but no burgers. My coach say I should eat burgers for protein but not beers due to carbs.