Bike Storage in a Flat

diddyfunk
diddyfunk Posts: 252
edited April 2011 in Commuting general
Hi

I am looking to start commuting to work in London over the summer (about 11 miles each way) and have just moved into a Flat (2 bedroom) .

My bikes are currently stored at my parents garage as I have no external storage.

I have cream coloured carpet in my hall but laminate in the spare bedroom and cannot store the bike in a communal hallway.

Can anyone advise on what I could do as I would really like to start commuting.

Thanks
2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Evo
08 Scott Scale 60 - http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy25 ... CF2299.jpg

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Hook on the wall? Either holding the bike upright or hanging from one wheel, depending on the potential for marking the wall. Otherwise I think Topeak do a freestanding stand.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    Cycling aside, you need to call on the services of a good floorlayer. Laminate flooring was designed by Satan himself. And cream coloured carpet..........WHY?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Get a rug for the hallway, roll bike in and put onto a wall mount for conveniance - simples!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Get a brompton... fold up outside... easily carry in and put under a desk or table in your flat.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    I used a length of clear, plastic mat, you buy it by the metre. It has a moulded surface so water cant easily run off.
    If you do get oil on the carpet, rub in some swarfega and wash off with soapy water.