presta to schrader adapter thingy

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited April 2011 in Commuting chat
after fitting some marathons to my commuter i thought it was a big draggy an not as quick as the other tyres an because my pump doesnt have a guage i wa sjust guessing how much air was in them, so got out my trusty footpump last night (double barrelled Halfords thing) an found in the valve lock on thingy it had a adapter for presta to schrader!

the pressure in my tyres was 45 :shock: pumped them up to 65psi now my bike flies!!
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Cool story bro.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I've just put some marathons on my commuter bike as well. I just pump them up as hard as I can with my mini pump. My bike flies as well. The new tyres have knocked 5-10 minutes off my journey time and upped my average speed by 1.5-2mph.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    oodboo wrote:
    I've just put some marathons on my commuter bike as well. I just pump them up as hard as I can with my mini pump. My bike flies as well. The new tyres have knocked 5-10 minutes off my journey time and upped my average speed by 1.5-2mph.

Marathons done that, wow what tyres did you have before?! :shock:
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Coninental Speedkings. Old and new are both 700c 35mm. The bike now feels a lot faster and smoother.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,636
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    pangolin wrote:

the original "super fly"
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327