Altercation on Brixton Road

kelsen
kelsen Posts: 2,003
edited April 2011 in Commuting chat
This morning, pulled up at set of red lights on Brixton Road heading north and there was a guy on a hybrid stood in front of a Merc Coupe shouting at the driver. Driver was revving his engine and threatening to drive forward but cyclist stood his ground deliberately placing his bike on the floor in front of the car. Cyclist proceeds to get mobile phone out and record car details whilst looking driver in the eye and saying with a big dose of sarcasm and a hint of menace "I'm really scared of you!" in a hispanic accent (think Speedy Gonzales). The guy in the car was a young black gangsta wanna-be type, not the type most people would want to mess with, but the cyclist himself looked a bit of a Latin King himself!

I don't know what kicked it all off or who was right, but to the cyclist, 'Chapeau' for putting on the entertaining display of machismo!

Comments

• bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    by time i passed police had arrived and were speaking to both...
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Saw an altercation between 2 moped riders heading south from Blackfriars Bridge yesterday morning. One behind came up and touched his front wheel against the back wheel of the other guy, there was a screeching noise and the 1st moped rider shot off through the traffic hotly followed by the other shouting "you f*ckin* C*NT".... Not sure what started it off...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    We gotta live with each other dudes, like it or not! Unless you're a Saudi Prince who can buy his own motorway or something. All road users have their good and bad points - personally, I think its about

a) staying alive
    b) not killing anyone else
    c) trying to show some sort of respect to others
    d) admitting when you're in the wrong
    e) forgiving others where possible

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but I've been cycling/driving/walking for over 40 years and I think the world's a beautiful place.

Now pass that duchy down the left 'and side xx
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Raymondo60 wrote:

You do realise the duchy is a cooking pot, right? Aka dutch pot :). Kotchy is the word I think you want (the 'original' word in the original song). Something to do with herbs :wink:
  • Headhuunter
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Raymondo60 wrote:

You do realise the duchy is a cooking pot, right? Aka dutch pot :). Kotchy is the word I think you want (the 'original' word in the original song). Something to do with herbs :wink:

It was definitely "duchy/dutchy" in the Musical Youth track of the 80s though wasn't it? I'm sure I remember them explaining the cooking pot thing on Blue Peter! Not sure what it was in the original version....
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Raymondo60 wrote:

Gwan with your bad self!

In my youth I never quite understood why you would pass a dutch pot to the left? I used to think.. A curry goat so good perhaps? :lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Cafewanda
    @ NSB :lol::lol:

HH - the Musical Youth version of the song had to replace kochy with duchy to remove the reference to weed/ganja etc.

Didn't stop my age group singing the original words whenever the MY version was heard :)

Original song is by the Mighty Diamonds.
  • Headhuunter
    Cafewanda wrote:

HH - the Musical Youth version of the song had to replace kochy with duchy to remove the reference to weed/ganja etc.

Didn't stop my age group singing the original words whenever the MY version was heard :)

Oh, is "kochy" weed? You learn somethnig everyday...
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Cafewanda wrote:

Coochie?
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    notsoblue wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

Coochie?

Zoot?
  • Cafewanda
    Rolls up newspaper and thwacks NSB with it

NO. NO. NO. Drop one of the 'ohs'

Coochie means something else :shock:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    It's equally if not more addicitive though...

Good stuff that coochie, good stuff.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,393
    <googles> Uhuh.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Cafewanda
    For clarification, back in my younger days 'coochie' was slang for a part of the female body. Pre-multicultural Britain, when such words were deemed offensive - unlike today.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Cafewanda wrote:
    For clarification, back in my younger days 'coochie' was slang for a part of the female body. Pre-multicultural Britain, when such words were deemed offensive - unlike today.

Holy Cow!

I'll never say "coochie coo" to a baby ever again!!!!! :shock: :shock:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I know nothing of dutchies coochies or poochies but since the days of Nelson (Horatio not Mandela) it has always been traditional to pass the port to the left
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I know nothing of dutchies coochies or poochies but since the days of Nelson (Horatio not Mandela) it has always been traditional to pass the port to the left

As opposed to passing the starboard to the right?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    rjsterry wrote:
    <googles> Uhuh.

Haha! Urban Dictionary synonym: Bear trap.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    This is a Dutchie:
    JamaicaSunDutchPot.jpg

This is Kotchy:
    marijuana.jpg

I won't post a picture of a cootchie. If you don't know what one looks like, you shouldn't be on Bike Radar, you should be listening to your teacher. Naughty boy!

Back OT, I foiled a mugging on Brixton Road last week.
    Girl got her phone back, Crackhead didn't get the phone but did (probably) have some cuts and a very sore throat, I got an adrenalin rush and a very good feeling.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Cafewanda

Please tell me you meant the drink, or this is some nautical term :lol: If it's the bottle of, that neither moves left nor right when it's in front of me :P
  • EKE_38BPM
    Cafewanda wrote:

Please tell me you meant the drink, or this is some nautical term :lol: If it's the bottle of, that neither moves left nor right when it's in front of me :P

Just give CW a straw, save pouring it out between each glass.

In my student days, my housemate and I settled down to watch a couple of films. He had a bottle of sherry, I had a bottle of port. We gradually finished our respective bottles (without moving from the sofas) and at the end of the films (and the bottles) I got up to point Percy at the porcelain and could hardly stand. I didn't notice how drunk I was until had to do something active.
    True story!!!!!

• bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    ha - great posts EKE, and well done on the hero front :)
  • I've just finished my second rum and coke.
  • EKE_38BPM
    Cheers Bam,
    I wouldn't say I'm a hero, but if you wish to call me one thats fine by me.

Does the title come with a cape? I want a cape but I couldn't justify buying a CX bike just to get one.

• notsoblue wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

Coochie?

Isn't that Gareth Chilcott?

CHILCOTT_G_19841103_GH_L.jpg
  • Cafewanda
    Neil Holland - back of the class mate :P :)
  • Cafewanda wrote:
    Neil Holland - back of the class mate :P :)

Don't be like that me babber... 8)