Summer waterproof jacket recomendations.

MichaelW
MichaelW Posts: 2,164
edited April 2011 in Commuting general
My old one is worn out, need a new one which must have:

Multi-activity/cycling cut
Pit zips
Built-in foldaway hood in collar (I dont want a rollaway hood with velcro tab or a removable one)
Front pockets, fairly high (no rear pocket required)
Reasonable colour, not fluorescent but not black.
Reflective bits
Fairly light and small to pack (featherweight not needed)

The only one I can find so far is the Keela Odin.
Do you know of any other ones or any review of the Odin
Thanks

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    why bother in the Summer?
  • fatherted
    fatherted Posts: 199
    gbsahne wrote:
    why bother in the Summer?
    +1

however i still carry my rolled up Castelli Squadra out with me everyday in case it gets a bit windy, chilly AND wet on the ride home
  • Simple windproof top is the way to go. These are pretty effective at keeping showers at bay and don't make you sweat. I'm yet to find a waterproof jacket that doesn't make me sweat like a very sweating thing that is about to get caught doing something they shouldn't.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    I generally agree and use a lightweight windproof for anything up to light rain. I still like to have a waterproof for those days when it is a bit cooler and wet and also for tours in the mountains and for use over non-cycling clothes.

I'm probably not as sweaty as most riders, I have little natural insulation and ride easy so I often wear an extra layer compared to larger, more athletic riders.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I have a breathable waterproof top for summer - it's home made and I call it "skin" :wink: (and, looking outside right now, I'm going to need it again tonight :cry: :roll: )
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH