Which Marzocchi forks are these?

chris_p_bacon
chris_p_bacon Posts: 645
edited April 2011 in MTB general
Could anyone tell me which model forks these are and which year they were made?

38095801.jpg
50920674.jpg
77401845.jpg

At the moment I am thinking mz or mx comp because of the crown but not too sure. It also has an ECC sticker but haven't seen one on the crown there before.

thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have you looked at the stickers? they normally give some info.

as does the casting mark on the lowers.

the crown in a common one.

side pics?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Im afraid the forks aren't mine so I can't have a proper look. Those are the only pics I have available at the moment :?
  • nicklouse
    then they could be anything. circa 2003.

the Marathon SL had the EEC5 and was available in gunmetal grey.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Ah ok thanks anyway. Do you know of any other forks with ECC around that time? I know of the Z1 MRC but the top cap adjusters and crown shape appear to be different
  • nicklouse
    work your way through the info on Marzs webby they cover most of them back to 2001.

but without more info on the forks/better pics have fun.
  • nicklouse wrote:
    then they could be anything. circa 2003.

the Marathon SL had the EEC5 and was available in gunmetal grey.

You were right turns out its an 03 Marathon SL, sticker actually said ECC5 not ECC. Any idea on 2nd hand value?

thanks
  • nicklouse
    read rule 15.

they are worth whatever someone will pay for them. Or whatever you think they are worth.

Me, about 10p.
  • Ok fair enough. How would you rate them as forks anyway?
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    If I was getting them for nowt I'd still be check to see what a service will cost.They're 8 years old and will be a lot heavier than a modern fork.I had a set of Bombers(2003) and they were the worst fork I've had :roll: so I've kept away from Marzocchi ever since.
    If they're free and work go for it.
    Mixed reviews on Mtbr something about 4 chambers being difficult to set up.