what waterproof pants, really need help

Comments

• canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    Does anyone use waterproof overtrousers? has anyone had them fail over and over in the bum.

What are you guys using.

I have a choice that I have been looking at.
    berghaus gortex storm 60.00 from 120.00
    or altura attack, which looks like they have an extra layer in the bum, for 55.00

what would you buy.

Thanks guys
  • I have got a pair of bike specific gore trousers that zip off to make into shorts. They are claimed to be waterproof, but to be honest I wear them to keep warm, or to cover up the lycra. They have stood up to showers pretty well but I've never got them really soaked. Not really a fan of waterproofs when cycling. It rains, you get wet, you have a shower and put on fresh clothes. SImples
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    My current ones are Montane Atomic DT. Nice shape, zips and reflective bits etc and the material seems to hold up well.
  • canada16
    My problem is, I dont bring a change of clothes into work, as I am always late, I hate mornings, so just put my biking gear on and go.
  • canada16 wrote:
    My problem is, I dont bring a change of clothes into work, as I am always late, I hate mornings, so just put my biking gear on and go.
    So take a set in and leave them there until you need them. One day something will go wrong and you'll forget your pants, or socks, or shirt will be all sweaty, or trousers wet through rain and spray. Always nice to have something clean and dry to put on.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • canada16
    What I am going to do is have a couple pairs of socks, as my feet were soaked, and a pair of shoes.

Will go try on the goretex ones to see what the fit is like. 60.00 for goretex trousers seems a steal

Just seems time and time again the past 3 pairs, including altura nightvision cycle trousers have all failed in the bum bum
  • I'd save the cash: Skin works really well as a waterproof: it holds all fluids in, and also prevents any water getting in!!
  • Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    Most waterproof overtrousers will wear out pretty quickly, even your heavy weight, fancy Gore-Tex jobbies. The idea is to wear them as less as possible, which might sound daft but I would guess that you are not using full length mudguards.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    +1 sheep_go_baa
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    wear lycra and keep a pair or two of trousers at work, it'll keep the worst off you and is very quick drying if it does rain and you don't end up with sweat legs every trip.