Shimano Hose Upgrade

thejerv
thejerv Posts: 90
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I have Shimano Deore M535 disc brakes, I would like to upgrade the hoses to red Goodridge ones. I can't seem to find any Goodridge fittings for the M535's, so could I just replace the hose and use the standard Shimano nut and olive?
Cheers
Lee

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    no you need the Good year ones.

but I would not bother.

just give the brake a bleed and you will have the same effect.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • thejerv
    My brake power is fine at the moment, I just wanted to change them because I think red ones will look sweet :D
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Goodridge kit 104 will fit your brakes as the connectors are the same as the M525 brake.
  • thejerv
    Does that kit just do one brake? I gather it does so I'd need to kits.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Yeah, it's just one brake per kit
  • thejerv
    cheers
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    superstar have some new coloured hoses, probably a lot cheaper and easier..

I have my formula the one brakes upgraded with goodridge. Absolutely no improvement in control (even suspect the reverse), but they are more bling!
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • thejerv
    Cheers, I didn't realise Superstar did hoses, I think I'll go for those as they are cheaper.
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    they definitely advertised them, not sure if released yet.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,171
    not really an upgrade, just bling for blingness sake. :roll:

(says the man who fitted red hoses 8) but I had to since one of them wsass two short and for the price of 1 hose I could get 2)