Not impressed with Eurosprt Player or Cycling tv

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited April 2011 in Pro race
After subscribing to both I am trying to find a service where you can play back the races and watch them in your own time.
Eurosport Player seems to only have a few races on playback and Cycling TV is still a bit of mystery and now seems to charge a Pay per view.
Is there an Internet Player which enables a playbcak of most races on the UCI Calender.
Youtube seems to offer a better service than this.

Cheers Jerry
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    not sure about that type of player but you could try http://cyclingtorrents.nl

They will have probably every race worth watching and more..
    cartoon.jpg
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    +1 for cyclingtorrents.nl - last night I watched the RVV pre-race show, it was lovely

cycling.tv is a long-standing joke around here

dunno about ES Player
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    I ended up watching all of Flanders using Eurosport player, on my Iphone, over 3G, with no problems at all..
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Is CTV still going?

I thought it went all American and then died.
  • How does one get one's ratio up on cyclingtorrents without technical jargon?

Can I just leave the downloader open and get people to 'seed' the latest races?

I don't have anything to upload apart from [previously downloaded torrents
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Yup when you download something just keep it going and let others upload from you. I keep them on for a few days til there's no activity.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    AndyRubio wrote:
    Yup when you download something just keep it going and let others upload from you. I keep them on for a few days til there's no activity.
    What he said. I don't have anything to upload either, but I do seed popular stuff that I've downloaded, such as Overcoming and a few legendary stages/races - stuff that keeps its appeal so people will always download it regardless of the time of year. If you do this on a long term basis it is quite healthy for your ratio.
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    How does one get one's ratio up on cyclingtorrents without technical jargon?

When you've finished downloading, leave the torrent uploading, or seeding, until the ratio reads at least 1.0 - it's considered good etiquette to at least give back what you take.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Thanks for that. I seemed to have locked my password for Cyclnigtorrents so no go for me. Try to watch Basque thing on eurosport player at 11.45pm and almost fell asleep on the computer (upright) chair and almost fell off through dozing.
    The Cycling torrents is going to take some figuring out. do you need to join Bittorrent or anything like that??
    Cheers Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    How does one get one's ratio up on cyclingtorrents without technical jargon?

When you've finished downloading, leave the torrent uploading, or seeding, until the ratio reads at least 1.0 - it's considered good etiquette to at least give back what you take.

Or occasionally you can bung the site a few euros to improve your ratio
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    Thanks for the mention of http://cyclingtorrents.nl

Now, how do I use it to download?

If I remember correctly from years ago when I used torrents for a short time, I need to click the race/stage I want to download and that downloads a small file onto my PC. But I need to download a program that will pull the main file, don't I?

Any suggestions for the best program? The last one I used slowed my PC to a grind.

And finally, do i need any special program to view the download or will Windows Media Player be adequate?

Thanks.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    bit Torrent
  • or uTorrent
  • El Imbatido
    El Imbatido Posts: 144
    Hey guys,

Have a read of this topic

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12682627&highlight=

There is some good advice and questions answered in that topic
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    Lucan wrote:
    And finally, do i need any special program to view the download or will Windows Media Player be adequate?
    VLC Media Player will play most files you get from cyclingtorrents. I'd recommend it. Free download, just do a search.
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    one bittorrent client to mention is Vuze (used ye olde blue frogged azureus). If you have a ps3 it'll stream the movie to your PS3 and hence your tele as it's downloading. such fun.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.