bike shops in windsor area

mr_sj
mr_sj Posts: 507
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
my uncle is looking at getting his first road bike and so far he's got as far as halfords ! does anyone have any suggestions of good shops in the windsor area that i can point him in the direction of where he can get decent advice and service ?

ive googled and there seems to be a air few around there but living at the other end of the country im not familiar with any of them and could do with any recommendations

thanks, sj

Comments

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Stows in Debworth are alright mate,An if he wants to make the short journey to High Wycombe Cycle Care is a good bet as Simon and the staff have very good knowledge of all things bike......
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Mark Bom
    Mark Bom Posts: 184
    Hi SJ,

I recently bought a bike from Cyclelife in Windsor (also go under the name TRI Windsor).

I can't compare them with any other bike shop, but found their service a little lacking for a first time buyer looking for advice.

I was booked in for a fitting, to the value of £50, deductable from the cost of the bike, and attended the shop to be told that the fella that does it wasn't in that day. I went back a second time and sat on a bike and was measured visually.
    When I asked if I was going to be measured using the fitting gear I was told it was better to do it by eye sat on a bike!
    I didn't pay anything for the 'fitting', but I wasn't sure if I'd been fobbed off or not?

I've no real complaints with them, I'm very happy with the bike I bought from them, but to be honest I'd like to try another shop next time to get a better comparison.

There's another shop in Windsor called Stows, but I haven't been in there, so can't comment on them.

I hope this is of use?

M.
  • clx1
    clx1 Posts: 200
    DNA in Maidenhead, great people and very good service. They sell Giant, Cannondale, Colnago and Pinarello.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Stows in Debworth are alright mate,An if he wants to make the short journey to High Wycombe Cycle Care is a good bet as Simon and the staff have very good knowledge of all things bike......

As long as the bike is Bianchi...
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Sigma Sport, Kingston, not that far away. Well worth a visit, even if it's just to drool over some of the lovely bikes etc.
  • TMR
    Sigma Sport, Kingston, not that far away. Well worth a visit, even if it's just to drool over some of the lovely bikes etc.

What's their customer service like?
  • cornerblock

What's their customer service like?

Very good I would say, on the times I have been there. Have not bought a bike there, so cannot say if I would feel the same if I was spending a few thousand. Some lovely bikes though.
  • TMR
    Very good I would say, on the times I have been there. Have not bought a bike there, so cannot say if I would feel the same if I was spending a few thousand. Some lovely bikes though.

Thanks.

It's not that far from us, I may go for a visit. Do they have plenty of bike stock in to drool over?
  • cornerblock

Thanks.

It's not that far from us, I may go for a visit. Do they have plenty of bike stock in to drool over?

3 floors now, I believe.
  • mr_sj
    mr_sj Posts: 507
    thanks for all the advice, shall pass it on to my uncle