Tour of the Dengie Marshes

Bronzie
Bronzie Posts: 4,927
edited April 2011 in Amateur race
Very cool video of yesterday's race. This event now attracts a top quality field worthy of a Prem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE9ymAXul1c

Comments

• Did you go?? Fair few cuts, bruises and swan dives into bushes!
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Unfortunately not. Shall have to get over to watch it next year.
  • pashda
    pashda Posts: 99
    I went and watched from 3 spots near Tillingham which was in the middle of the laps. Superb seeing the bigger teams putting riders into the event although the Rapha Condor boys pushed it so hard at the start that half the field were spat out back in 10 minutes. The farm track sections were awesome with real bike handling to watch and super fast wheel changes with all the punctures. I heard a couple of teams shouting they had run out of wheels. I hope they keep it an elite event next year it is well worth a look.
  • wjcrombie
    wjcrombie Posts: 43
    I rode the event. My first National A event.... It was great fun. Stayed with the bunch until the 4th time through the farm track at which time I punctured and after getting a spare wheel could not get back on the bunch....

The Rapha guys were particularly impressive - they were on the front of the bunch in mass for almost the entire race and had to contend with a lot of punctures as well..