Swinley Annual Permit Online question

Jolly Swagman
Jolly Swagman Posts: 100
edited April 2011 in Routes
Hi, if I apply for the permit online and I print the receipt off and carry it with me, am I able to ride at Swinley until the permit arrives in the post? For the day permit it says you can so I assume the same is true of the annual but thought I would ask those that are Swinley regulars. Ta.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I wouldn't worry. Been riding there for years without a permit. No one ever asks - I'm sure the rangers have better things to do. (Not that I'm advocating riding illegally)
    I think they'd be overjoyed if you had a receipt, I reckon 90% of people there don't have one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Most riders in Swinley do actually have permits, they appreciate that they're getting a good deal, free parking, great trails and only £20 or so a year.

Of course there will always be some small minded people sponging off everybody else..............
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • I had the same prediciment on sat and they lady in the office said if you just keep the reciept with you and it will be fine until it arrives.
  • On Saturday morning the rangers were stopping and checking for current permits lucky i had just got mine, they are a very bright PINK :shock:
  • I am happy to pay the £20 as that seems fair considering the trail maintenance that goes on. Thanks all.
  • From what I can gather, part of the permit fee goes to The Crown Estate who own the land and very kindly let us all ride on it.

They may not be able to stop everyone who rides without a permit but if they see loads of people freeloading then they may withdraw access to us completely.

Don't be tight and buy one, especially if you live in Bracknell and use it regularly.
  • Lars1974
    Lars1974 Posts: 105
    i got my new permit too...seen them doing loads of work during the winter to prep the trails for us again...so IMHO the £20 they want I pay with a smile... :D