Swinley Regulars..

ollie_lucas1985
ollie_lucas1985 Posts: 325
edited April 2011 in Routes
Went down there today and found they have surfaced Stickler and Tank Traps, had a look at the signs and it appeard to be open..

Vert very tight fast berms, so high.. !

Anyone else been on this? So much better than before!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Seagull has also been resurfaced, good at the moment.
    Was up there this morning, Go Ape to Labyrinth, conditions are good, mildly moist.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Have you seen the new bit by Go Ape? It looks to just go round in circles..? Do you know what its called?
  • cooldad
    That's for the offroad Segways Go Ape is planning on hiring out.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • With berms and jumps..?? I'd have a go on those segways, that'd be cool!
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Did you ride the new stickler extension?
  • cooldad
    Did the new bit of Stickler today, all those big new berms were great fun. Smoothest bit of Swinley at the moment as well. Don't tell anyone else bout them.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • how do you know the names for these trails? i always come across bits and bobs, but never a long trail. where abouts should i head from the carpark to find a good longer trail?
  • how do you know the names for these trails? i always come across bits and bobs, but never a long trail. where abouts should i head from the carpark to find a good longer trail?

I have the same problem buddy. Am constantly stopping and checking my phones map to check i'm heading in the right direction. A helpful chap i pm'd informed me the name of the area i like was Clubhouse. I get the impression that Swinley doesn't have any long single tracks, just short 5 minute blasts. The fine art to master in Swinley s linking the single tracks up to make an one great trail.
    There is trails everywere and knowing which ones are good and which direction to takle them only comes from local knowledge.

I've found this map online and found it very useful. DeerStalker is my new best friend.
    Big long Link

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    It depends on what you mean by long
  • J@mesC
    J@mesC Posts: 129
    Most are on this map which is posted in various places on t'internet.

http://www.buckledwheel.com/Swinley-For ... 40065.html
  • ooo why thank you kind sirs :)