Reconditioned Turbos

rowlers
rowlers Posts: 1,614
edited April 2011 in The hub
The turbo on my 2004 Xtrail is about to blow..
I need a new/recon one and would like recommendations as to who to buy the turbo off.
I've spoke to a couple of suppliers and they only offer 30 days warranty - I mean WTF?? I want more than that when I'm dropping £500 notes on a part!
Any recommendations?

Comments

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    A new turbo from Nissan?
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Give 'Milner Off Road' a call.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/Default.asp?c=33354

Probably one of the best suppliers of Jap 4x4 bits in the country, and a good bunch of guys too. Have had a few dealings with them.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • rowlers
    A new turbo from Nissan?
    £875 + VAT for an exchange unit eff knows how much for a new unit!
    Robbing bar stewards, only problem with buying Nissan, parts are extortionate!
  • rowlers
    Clank wrote:
    Give 'Milner Off Road' a call.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/Default.asp?c=33354

Probably one of the best suppliers of Jap 4x4 bits in the country, and a good bunch of guys too. Have had a few dealings with them.

thanks, I'll have a look.
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    rowlers wrote:
    The turbo on my 2004 Xtrail is about to blow..
    I need a new/recon one and would like recommendations as to who to buy the turbo off.
    I've spoke to a couple of suppliers and they only offer 30 days warranty - I mean WTF?? I want more than that when I'm dropping £500 notes on a part!
    Any recommendations?

By a Land Rover
    :D
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • rowlers
    freelanders are too small, and the older ones would be in the garage more than I'd be driving it. I'd love a Defender but not enough creature comforts for the family.
    Disco, older ones look hideous and as freelander. New discos are far out of my price range!
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Which x-trail?
    £990 new
    £945 exchange????
  • rowlers
    YD22DDTI engine. I've had a few quotes thru. Ranging from £200 to £800 for recon or new. Its just a matter of deciding which is the most reliable supplier!
  • rowlers wrote:

I think the trouble with turbos is that you could potentially kill them within a month through no fault of the manufacturer/reconditioner.. I guess putting a year or two warranty on is a big risk for them.

I'd have a look on the car forums and ask there. There'll be some reputable guys about, it's just finding them.
  • rowlers
    Ordered one from AET Turbos, should be here wednesday, if the keep to their promise;)

cheers folks