Graham weigh cycles on E-bay

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just a quick rant in the style of Speed-king. Got a pair of 70mm presta valve extenders to screw onto my valves for deep section wheels for £5.99, freepost, happy days. The valves arrived and they were the type you use with a removable presta valve core, not what I wanted. returned them and the cheeky gets have taken £2.49 in "re-stock" fees. It does say on the details that they will charge this for goods returned which are faulty, but there is nothing wrong with the extenders, just not described well enough.

The bit I am annoyed at is that I phoned the shop to make sure that they were the right ones before buying and they confirmed they were the right type for my valves. They are now denying the phone call and will not refund me the £2.49.

I know its a small amount, but the principle of it has really hacked me off.

Ok, rip into me at will, oh and no bleedin' haribo either. Mind you I got come nice elecrtrolyte tabs from Chain reaction in a delivery the other day. :D

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    As far as I know, the distance selling regulations do not allow restocking fees. You have the right to return goods for a refund, for whatever reason, within 7 days.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    An extract and link to the Government site Consumer Direct.

"After you receive the goods you have 7 working days (beginning the day after you receive the goods) to inspect the goods and, if they are not suitable, return the goods for a full refund."

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/template-letters/dsr_letter/

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    Right enough, the refund should be in full, including the postage from the vendor to you.

Phone them up and tell them as much. If they don't play ball, complain to eBay and inform Trading Standards.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Bloody Wiggle, what do you expect?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That's what feedback is for. £2.49 - get over it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    cooldad wrote:
    That's what feedback is for. £2.49 - get over it.

Principle, not money. Read the post.
    :roll:
  • Yep, complain to eBay & give negative feedback possibly
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,194
    Seems a bit unfair charging a fee for faulty goods (acknowledging that the goods in this case were not faulty) as it is surely the retailers responsibility to ensure they send stuff out in good condition?
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    If they are not what you asked for and thus are not fit for purpose (that is the purpose that you intended) then they are faulty from your point of view.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    returned them and the cheeky gets have taken £2.49 in "re-stock" fees. :lol::lol:

Not heard that expression since I left Manc land.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.