4 bikes stolen from Wigston, Leicester

no.wacky
no.wacky Posts: 31
edited December 2012 in MTB stolen
Hi. Garage break in on 31st of March. Four bikes were taken.

Trek Fuel Ex 9 (2010) 18.5 in anodized bronze with Shimano SPD pedals, otherwise unchanged

Trek Fuel Ex6 (2010) 17.7 in black with white writing and gold trimmings, with Crank Bros 5050 platforms

Kona Stuff (2005?) in beige that one had bontrager tyres fitted, bontrager rythm handlebars, Shimano Koryak stem, Race Face North Shore cranks, Hope mini rear brake, avid juicy front

Carrera Kraken (2005) in gray,silver Giant root rear brake (white body, bronze lever), Hayes nine front, Shimano XT Hollowtech chainset, Schwalbe marathon tyres, Rock Shox Dart forks.

any info on these, send me a pm, or contact 0116 222 2222 (Wigston Police), or 0116 270 7936. cheers.

Comments

• I don't know how many local people actually see this, but after all this time, we actually spotted one of the bikes (Fuel EX6) in the area. We approached the guy, with our hearts racing at 300b/m to check the numbers. Unfortunately I didn't have them with me so had to rush to the local Police station to do a check. Guess what? They matched... Obviously we had to let the guy go, as we weren't 100% sure... The bloke has long dark hair, black moustache and beard combo and was with a little lad about 7,8 yrs, the lad was on little Apollo xc20. It was at the Mc Donald's on Leicester Road roundabout. I don't hold much hope, but if anybody from that area knows the guy, both us and the police would like to know where he lives. He said he bought it off Gumtree.
    Call same numbers as above, you can quote the incident number: LEP-111112-0264
    Thanks.
  • Can the police not contact Gumtree?

My local police have said cycle theft is an absolute priority, but don't seem bothered when you pass any info on.

I am sick of seeing scumbags on bikes that are so obviously stolen. I was at Morrisons and there was a chav and his mates riding around the car park. He was on a Cannondale mountain bike that looked hotter than hell. I have also seen another on a Yeti with no decals. Any bike enthusiast knows that colour!

Rant over!

Hope someone can help.

Regards

Carl
  • Well. He said he bought it on Gumtree, that doesn't mean he was saying the truth. I presume if he would be confronted and indeed he bought it off the site, maybe Police could get the information on the seller. I'm so pissed off, because it's been so long I have lost all faith I will ever see any of them again. But in a moment like that you just act without even thinking. I nearly drove into street lights post when I was looking at the bike. And another thing it's just a mile from where it was stolen from.
    i will let you people know what's the outcome.
  • Gutted for you.

But personally I would have lamped the bloke and grabbed my bike back.

Then let him sort it out with the police. Possession is 9 tenths of the law, isn't that it?

Pretty shocking reading through these stolen bike threads, some of them totally brazen like angle grinding big locks off in broad daylight. It would seem that these scum couldn't care less if they got caught or not.
  • I'm local and reading it, if you've got pictures of the bikes post it up on stolen-bikes.co.uk along with the frame numbers.

It's good that you've spotted it after the fact (and apparently after it's been sold on), means it hasn't been stripped for parts.
    Owner of Stolen-Bikes.co.uk
  • yeah,i think so. But personally I would have lamped the bloke and grabbed my bike back. 1.gif