TDF.......flights booked!!

AndyD2574
AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Off to France to watch the TDF..................and taking the bike...........result.
Me the missus and a couple with new baby.....................means me and my mate can escape EVERY day on the bikes while teh girls change nappies!!

Cant wait......riding and watching the tour as it goes through Carcasonne.
:D
Specialized S Works Venge
Argon18 E114
Specialized Langster Single Speed
Scott Spark Expert 29'er
GT Avalanche
http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Off to France to watch the TDF..................and taking the bike...........result.
    Me the missus and a couple with new baby.....................means me and my mate can escape EVERY day on the bikes while teh girls change nappies!!

You certainly know how to treat a lady. :lol:
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 wrote:

I know......bloody spoilt I tell you!! :lol:
    Argon18 E114
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    AndyD2574 wrote:

As long as they are not sitting around all day changing shitea nappies. A man needs a good meal ready when he gets back from a busy day on a bike. Make sure they know it's not a bleeding holiday.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,092
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    AndyD2574 wrote:

As long as they are not sitting around all day changing shitea nappies. A man needs a good meal ready when he gets back from a busy day on a bike. Make sure they know it's not a bleeding holiday.

And a beer
  • Slapshot
    Slapshot Posts: 211
    We'e sorted too, we have friends live just outside Toulouse so Prestwick - Carcassonne two weeks in La Belle France, my mate and I get a two day pass in the Pyrenees to watch Le Tour........FANTASTIC!!!

I'm just getting back into biking again so mountains will be beyond me this year I suspect!!
  • Who are you flying with, hope it's not British Airways!
  • Who are you flying with, hope it's not British Airways!
    It isn't a very busy airport, the only airline serving the Carcassonne Airport for 2011 is Ryanair. If I remember correctly, everything only opens 2 hours before a flight lands. So if you turn up early expecting a leisurely lunch before take-off you will be disappointed. If you rent a car through Ryanair's site expect a long queue while the other car hire desks will be empty.

Pau is much the same.
  • Slapshot
    Who are you flying with, hope it's not British Airways!
    It isn't a very busy airport, the only airline serving the Carcassonne Airport for 2011 is Ryanair. If I remember correctly, everything only opens 2 hours before a flight lands. So if you turn up early expecting a leisurely lunch before take-off you will be disappointed. If you rent a car through Ryanair's site expect a long queue while the other car hire desks will be empty.

Pau is much the same.

Everything moved pretty quickly last year but it is only a small regional airport, does the job.
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Slapshot.. lack of fitness is no excuse. Join me in epic suffering as you climb knowing your ill prepared for taking on the biggest and the best mountains in Europe. Hell I'm still injured, but in honour of the Black Knight onward I'll ride. :D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    AndyD2574 wrote:

I'm going as well! :D

My wife booked two separate cottages in Brittany for a week each, so we could watch the first 7 stages - what a woman!

We're taking our baby, and he'll be coming along to cheer on Big George! ;)

Really can't wait! I'm taking my bike as well, and will be meeting up with a lad from another forum for a few rides while there.
  • AndyD2574
    Who are you flying with, hope it's not British Airways!

Ryanair...........................charge you for farting seems like!!

If its chargable then they charge......joke!

Anyway not to worry.................£80 to get the bike there.

First time ridden in France so looking forward to it................hope the car drivers are better than most across here!

:)
    Argon18 E114
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
  • I'm going as well! :D

Can I join in? I'm going as well, going to spend the week in Briancon. But I probably won't fly there...
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I'm going as well! :D

Can I join in? I'm going as well, going to spend the week in Briancon. But I probably won't fly there...

Of course! We'll be in Brittany the last week of June and first week of of July. We're staying near Pontivy in Morbihan and Vouvant, which is around 1 hour north east of La Rochelle. Send me a PM if you want to swap contact details. We're getting the ferry and driving.
  • Of course! We'll be in Brittany the last week of June and first week of of July. We're staying near Pontivy in Morbihan and Vouvant, which is around 1 hour north east of La Rochelle. Send me a PM if you want to swap contact details. We're getting the ferry and driving.

I'll be heading for Briancon for the Galibier/Alpe d'Huez stages which are 3rd week of July. But thanks for the offer!

• Slapshot
    Mr Dog wrote:
    Slapshot.. lack of fitness is no excuse. Join me in epic suffering as you climb knowing your ill prepared for taking on the biggest and the best mountains in Europe. Hell I'm still injured, but in honour of the Black Knight onward I'll ride. :D

I'll need to see what my mate has planned, at least the wheels will be okay, he has an ample catalogue...shall we say, all I have to squeeze in is the shoes, pedals and lycra..We're probably doing Luz Ardiden then the Aubisque the next day.........how small can you buy oxygen tanks?????
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Good luck to all those going to watch the TDF....to see all those lying, cheating, dopers. Still like to go though!
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    great rides around carcassone, I had 2 weeks there last year and took my bike lovely quiet roads in great scenery
  • donkykong
    donkykong Posts: 160
    have a great time, maybe see you there, i,m the one on the Dolan.
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Will be around luz-saint-sauveur in mid July. Depending on how many day passes I get from the Mrs, I will foolishly tackle anything in sight. 8)
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    i am gut wrenchingly jealous of you boys going to the tdf. what a bunch of lucky b@stards :mrgreen:

looking to buy a camper van later this year so might make it over there next year woohoo
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    I'm going too :D

19 days booked off to take in the glorious south of France - crossing at Hull and driving down to the Orb valley near Beziers. Taking in a couple of stages before driving back to Paris on the last Friday in readiness to see Le Tour come home on the Sunday. Hotel booked on the Tuilleries and I can't wait. Bikes will be with us and looking forward to some great days out on the French highways and byways.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4