What is this bike!?

Penfold06
Penfold06 Posts: 161
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first road bike and have found a Scott that is quite close to where I live. This is the link to a picture of it...

http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/penfold6/

Does anyone know what this bike is just by looking it? (Sorry, picture quality isn't ideal). I'v been told its a Scott team usa but i can't find this anywhere on the net. Also if anyone has one or knows of them, are they any good? Any help would be much appreciated.

Dean

Comments

• nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    It looks like a GT or BMC, because of the seatube, seatstay junction, but I may be worng
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    I clicked on the photo and immediately got a security alert from Norton. So be careful before you click!
  • Penfold06
    Its definately a Scott because you can see Scott USA written on the frame, I'm just not sure what model it is and if its any good. It has ITM carbon forks and 105 groupset if thats any help? Anyone else have any idea's?

As for you getting a Norton security message I dont know what thats all about but the link is safe dont worry.
  • nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    It is easy to remove,stickers from a frame and replace them, If everyone was that naive, If I get a Tesco £99 MTB and put pinarello dogma stickers on it, it doesn't mean it is a pinarello dogma. I may be wrong, but the stickers don't indicate anything.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    if I remember rightly (probably wrongly!) Scott had this kind of colour / deal scheme around 1998...they did an Endomorph (think thats how its spelt) carbon mtb that was awesome. anyways how much he asking for it ? It will be 9speed but if it fits, the price is right and its not knackered it would make a good intro into the world of road cycling :D
  • Penfold06
    Thanks for the info mate. he's looking for £450 but thats with a supposedly "brand new" magnetic turbo trainer. I reckon I could get him down to £400. What do you think?
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Christ £450 for that - he's having a laugh (even including the turbo). The weather is getting better and the turbo will be just gathering dust. The Scott is worth no more than £250 absolute max IMO
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    It would get more then £250 on flebay ! Turbos got to be worth £50 so £350 for the whole bike in good nick seems good going !