I know it's the 1st of April but really?!?!

max888
max888 Posts: 206
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/04/news/new-regulations-uci-sets-friction-limits-for-world-tour-bikes_166293

Oh for christs sake! Do the UCI really have nothing better to do that make up pointless and expensive rules (see 2011 frame certification). Most pro rider are using some sort of ceramic bearing somewhere on the bike. Are the UCI gonna ban zipps because of the firecrest shape, which is supposedly faster than a standard V shape. Not all riders have these just as not all riders have Cancellara's supposed uber bearings. All the UCI are doing is hindering the development if new technology and the progression of our sport.

Did the golf ruling body stop the use of graphite shafts when the first came out? No! Come on UCI quit living in the dark-ages and let the sport of cycling make technological gains. Instead of this rubbish why not eliminate doping?

Max

Comments

• Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    “For the bottom bracket, for example, we will take the chain off and then give it a good spin,” he explained. “If it goes more than four or five rotations, we know we have a problem and will investigate further."

Max888 - I've got a bike which cycles up the hills for you. I'll let you have it for £10,000 :roll:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,194
    I like the way the thread heading even says "I know it's April the 1st but.." and yet the OP still falls for it :lol:

ETA
    “It should be the man, not his balls, that decides the outcome,” Ditte stated emphatically.
    :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    "UCI Technical Director Lou Ditte"

Get it, Max? Sounds a bit like Luddite.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • max888
    Hmmm, I think an "ahhh sh!t" is in order. I just got royally done :lol:
    All right move on chaps, nothing to see here!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    hook line and..............
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Max888 wrote:

Ok, let's play fair. It's the UCI so it really could have been true. :wink:
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Max888 wrote:

Ok, let's play fair. It's the UCI so it really could have been true. :wink:

True enough, sometimes the UCI make FIFA and UEFA look quite competent.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hee hee, I know its April 1st, but......

Oh, the shame :D:D:D
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Max888 wrote:

That's what I like to see, someone who is prepared to fall on their sword for the sake of giving us all a laugh, and not being afraid of making an arse of themselves.

Oh sorry, you didn't know you can delete your threads. :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Admittedly I read that story and was also believing it.

The last line tipped me off: "It should be the man, not his balls, that decides the outcome"
  • max888
    Pokerface wrote:
    Admittedly I read that story and was also believing it.

The last line tipped me off: "It should be the man, not his balls, that decides the outcome"

I missed that line, was clouded by frustration you see! :lol:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    As I read it, I was trying to figure out how I was going to get the ceramic bearings out of my jockey wheels, hubs, BB, etc, etc!
  • having watched flying scotsman this week and seen the way UCI can change the rules to whatever they like when they like . this was plausible till the last lines

good show
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png