stupid things you see out on the road

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited April 2011 in Commuting chat
just been to pick something up in one of our work vans an pass a guy on an old cheap mtb with both brakes disconnected who was trying (desperatley) to stop by dragging his feet along the ground. this was at a super busy junction in liverpool (the rocket if anyone knows where that is)

but its ok the equalibrium has been restored, on the way back to work i was just about to join the M57 when i went past a Fiat Punto reversing up the slip road off the motorway :shock: i think the old girl must have taken the wrong exit off the roundabout
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I see loads of stupid car drivers on my way into work. Pretty much all of them are heading for London ;-) Why the fu(k you'd want to drive into town I don't know, it would be easier to sit on the train burning £10 notes....

I did almost capture a guy go under the wheels of a Micro 2 days ago. Also spotted a women turning off a road earlier who gave no arm signal and went onto the wrong side of the road round a traffic island!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I watched a kid bail into the bushes about 3 nights back, 'paddling' to try and stop his brake less 'MTB' (V-s sitting wide open at both ends), realised it was the hedge or the van and chose the wrong one (from a Darwinian point of viiew anyway!).

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I saw a scooter rider stop at a red light, get off push scooter through lights then get back on again last week near waterloo.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Sketchley wrote:
    I saw a scooter rider stop at a red light, get off push scooter through lights then get back on again last week near waterloo.

All the time :roll:
  • Bassjunkieuk

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I keep seeing this:

Nissan_Juke.jpg

I think that it looks stupid....
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I keep seeing this:

Nissan_Juke.jpg

That car/SUV/thing just bugs me too. Just so.... pointless.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    lopro.jpg

Clerkewell Road mainly
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    davis wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I keep seeing this:

Nissan_Juke.jpg

That car/SUV/thing just bugs me too. Just so.... pointless.

Its an SUV for people who can't afford an SUV
  • we have a couple who have enough lights mounted on their bikes to keep a cricket tournament going in the dead of night, but whenever we see them they are riding along after dusk, side by side holding hands, with not a light on between them.....
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I keep seeing this:

Nissan_Juke.jpg

As long as you don't see it in the drive after Mrs GTV has swapped the M-Class for one :shock:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Cyclist wearing full motorbike helmet on canal path.

Cyclist in full body armour riding up high street.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    redvee wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I keep seeing this:

Nissan_Juke.jpg

As long as you don't see it in the drive after Mrs GTV has swapped the M-Class for one :shock:
    Mrs Ini is thinking of trading in the Octavia VRS for one of these
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • The brakeless BSOs round my way are usually ridden slowly and on pavements, so are not a problem to me, but it irritates me beyond reason that the saddles are not just too low, but pointed upwards, making the bike even more unpleasant to ride for it's 'owner' (who nicked it anyway).
  • bibib
    bibib Posts: 25
    Saw a old gentlemen riding his road back in the evening.

He was lit up like a Christmas tree and he had a meter or so stick, sticking out the back right hand side of his back. Assuming this is to force traffic to keep there distance or just to decapitate pedestrians.
  • condorman
    condorman Posts: 811
    bibib wrote:

He was lit up like a Christmas tree and he had a meter or so stick, sticking out the back right hand side of his back. Assuming this is to force traffic to keep there distance or just to decapitate pedestrians.

Surely if he was an old gentleman his stick would have been about 3ft?
    Condor Pista
    50x16
  • Bassjunkieuk
    condorman wrote:
    bibib wrote:

Would that have made him a yardie?
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    Those silly helmets that look like horse riders' helmets.
  • thelawnet wrote:
    Those silly helmets that look like horse riders' helmets.

If they're happy to cycle in them, fair play to them. However, if you ride around in an upside-down cooking pot, when summer eventually comes along, you'll probably end up casseroling your brains.
  • bibib
    bibib Posts: 25
    condorman wrote:
    bibib wrote:

A meter is almost 3ft :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes condorman knew that - guess what he really meant if you can......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    bibib wrote:

The only way this would work is if he was cycling up the wrong side of the road and the pedestrians were children or dwarfs.

Was he? Were they? We need to know :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    daviesee wrote:
    bibib wrote:

The only way this would work is if he was cycling up the wrong side of the road and the pedestrians were children or dwarfs.

Was he? Were they? We need to know :wink:

HE could have been on a penny-farthing, he could decapitate tall people too then!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."