Lee Quarry

JayKingFunk
JayKingFunk Posts: 411
edited April 2011 in Routes
Me and a mate are thinking of going up there for a ride in the next couple of weeks and just wondering if anyone has been recently?

Last I heard it was going to be joined up to another one, does anyone know if its been joined up yet? Can you spend a day there or is it a small place?

I've ridden Stainburn boulder trails before and I've read its a similar difficulty, has anyone ridden at both that could comment?

Thanks in advance, J.
I love the sound my tyres make on dusty single track!

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Lee Quarry has most definitely been linked up with Cragg Quarry, the link was finished about 3 months ago. Since then even more stuff has been put into both quarries including a second pump track in Lee Quarry. It's very easy now to spend a day around the two quarries, there's loads of stuff to session, think of it more as a massive skills area rather than a traditional trail centre although there is still XC riding as well if you follow the red route around both quarries.

If you want to keep up to date on things happening at Lee Quarry check out www.pmba.org.uk
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • j96_2
    j96_2 Posts: 188
    Me and ORANGE_MAN (white orange p7 on here) are going soon, should be good, really looking forward to it, from what i've read although its short, there are some good climbs so a few laps and a rest in between will make a good day of it :)
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Went a couple of weeks ago, did the routes around Lee, spent some time on the jumps / wooden sections ,was really good.
    Then set off to Cragg, is a long drag up...but worth it for coming back down.
    Cragg is a nice sweeping / free flowing kind of loop.
    Then, coming back down to Lee is good, there are rocks placed about every 100 yds so you can just freewheel down and do whichever of the jumps you like, they range from say 6" to a foot and half.
    Will definately be going back :D
  • JayKingFunk
    JayKingFunk Posts: 411
    Thanks for that people, just what I wanted to hear!

Really looking forward to going up there now!
    I love the sound my tyres make on dusty single track!
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    DodgeT wrote:
    Went a couple of weeks ago, did the routes around Lee, spent some time on the jumps / wooden sections ,was really good.
    Then set off to Cragg, is a long drag up...but worth it for coming back down.
    Cragg is a nice sweeping / free flowing kind of loop.
    Then, coming back down to Lee is good, there are rocks placed about every 100 yds so you can just freewheel down and do whichever of the jumps you like, they range from say 6" to a foot and half.
    Will definitely be going back :D
    Last time i went we had to pedal back down from cragg,the wind was that strong. :lol:
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    piker wrote:
    [Last time i went we had to pedal back down from cragg,the wind was that strong. :lol:

Jees, I did get the impression, that if it wasn't a nice / calm day, it would be bloomin cold & windy up there.
    Fortunately, the weather was great and no wind.
  • reyrol
    reyrol Posts: 38
    piker wrote:
    [Last time i went we had to pedal back down from cragg,the wind was that strong.]
    Yes the wind turbines might be a clue
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    reyrol wrote:
    piker wrote:
    [Last time i went we had to pedal back down from cragg,the wind was that strong.]
    Yes the wind turbines might be a clue
    No sh*t sherlock. :lol: