BB90, will my FSA K force cranks fit?

bigdavevw
bigdavevw Posts: 213
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys, just recieved my new hardtail yesterday, Trek Elite 9.7 2011. Was transferring all my pimp kit onto it, and when i removed the old cranks it got me wondering if the K force ones will fit?

Got some raceface evolve XC ones on it at the mo, (as i,m having to araldite the pedal insert on the K froce ones) and there is a bit of play in them when tightened up.

Dave

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Yes, you just need the appropriate bearing kit from Trek. The 2009 Top Fuel used FSA cranks, so I'm sure they'll do one.

That assumes it's the same BB90 as the more expensive carbon bikes which is just bearings sitting directly in the frame, not like the alu frames which are press fit units.

Confusing? Not much!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as long as the raceface evolve XC´s are the 24mm axle external bearing version.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'd check about the bearing kits with Trek, some of them, notably the SRAM ones, are very odd, it's not just a pair of bearings. In theory you can just poke the FSA ones through, but there may be complications!