fork and shock remote lockout

damonlock
damonlock Posts: 170
edited March 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
hay guys just getting back in to riding my 08 kona dawg deluxe and remembered one of the things i hate, having to let go of the bars to lock out the suspension and wondered if there is any bar mounted device for this?? the forks are fox float rl 32 and shock is fox float rp2

atb

daymo

Comments

• damonlock
    hope i asked this in the right place!?
  • damonlock
    i did have a look but couldent find anything i did read somewhere about shimano making something for fox but cant find anywhere to buy!!!
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Don't want to hijack your thread mate, but on what occasions do you lock out your suspension? On my Anthem I can lock out the forks (not the shock) but I have never done so apart from when just messing about.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • PaulBox wrote:
    Don't want to hijack your thread mate, but on what occasions do you lock out your suspension? On my Anthem I can lock out the forks (not the shock) but I have never done so apart from when just messing about.

It's good for climbing or when riding to and from trails, whereever it helps to be more efficient and more rigid.
  • damonlock
    i have to ride some road to get to some of my routes and also i go down a few tow paths and lock it up then as they aint that bumpy would be nice to have the controls at my finger tips!!!!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not worth the hassle and cost IMHO. Takes a second to flick the controls.
    And if you did both, that's another two levers to clutter up the bars.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That's if you can even find something to work on the shock.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • damonlock wrote:
    i have to ride some road to get to some of my routes and also i go down a few tow paths and lock it up then as they aint that bumpy would be nice to have the controls at my finger tips!!!!

As Cooldad said above me, it takes 2 seconds to reach down and do the shock and forks. Not worth spunking money on kits (they are expensive for what you get), and just a waste of space.

It's not like you turn the lockout on and off a million times during a ride.
  • Scott make a nice gadget called a Twinlock. This allows you to lockout both the forks and rear shock with one flick of the thumb. It will work with Fox forks, but I'm not sure about Fox shocks. I've just got one for my Spark and it really works a treat.

However, the lever alone costs 55 large ones and it could cost quite a bit to adapt your forks and shock to enable remote control (if they need it). Plus there are cables and such to consider.
  • damonlock
    hmmm ok i know some of the new fox forks come with its as standard, thanks for your input anyone know the max psi for the fox float rp2 rear shock??
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    280psi I think - but check on the Fox website.
  • damonlock
    supersonic wrote:
    280psi I think - but check on the Fox website.

i did look but couldent find a table with the info in so if anyone could post a link that would be cool

cheers

daymo