is mount

john74
john74 Posts: 254
edited March 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
ive just replaced my dart 2 forks for a set of revelations. ive managed to fit the fork ok but i pressume i need an IS adapter or something for the brake caliper because the caliper bolt holes are in the front where the pads come out and the fork mounting holes are 90 degrees to this if that makes sense. is this right?
if this is right when i go to the lbs what do i need to ask for? and is there different sizes etc for different size rotors, im running a 160mm on the front?
2010 Forme Reve
2010 Giant Talon 1

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have a read of this.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1590919

so you know what mounts you have now.

what brakes do you have? what fitting are they? is there an adaptor?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • john74
    sorry to sound stupid but i read that link and as far as im concerned it could be in aforeign language.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=29951

the brakes are giant roots their own brand.
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1
  • nicklouse
    so what fitting are the brakes?
    which Roots they have done more than one version.

or just take pics so we can see.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • nicklouse
    Ok i am guessing the revs are not new? and have IS mounts. and as you have a 160 disc i guess the brakes are Post mount?

if the above is correct you need an IS (fork) to Post (caliper) front 160 adaptor.
  • john74
    sorry i should have stated the forks are about 3 years old.
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1