TkMaxx dead stock clearence

Echoii
Echoii Posts: 13
edited April 2011 in Commuting general
Hey guys just giving you a heads up i work in TkMaxx and the company is doing badly for the start of the year and is subsequently reducing a lot of stock (Alot more than usual) so if you need some waterproofs or something go have a gander!
Look for the red clearance sections!

I got myself 3 pairs of trainers worth easily 40 pounds each for 28 pounds the lot!
Claud Butler Explorer 100

Carrera Fury

Comments

• If my last experience of TkMaxx was anything to go by I'm not surprised, Found a pair of jeans that looked OK, but wasn't allowed to try them on because the store was going to close soon (in about 25 mins). I just put them back and didn't bother.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • TK maxx the only shop where the clothes section looks like a church jumble sale.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • motopatter
    motopatter Posts: 179
    too right about it being a bit of a jumble, but the prices aren't far off sometimes which is good.
    But I have noticed that it's not every single thing in there that's always a really low price. however, I have got some nice things at really cheap prices.
    Overall 6/10

I work in a shop that's next to a Tacky Max so I will be checking it out tomorrow, thanks
    wave your willy here !!!! :)
  • mercurykev
    mercurykev Posts: 264
    I'll hear nothing bad against TX Maxx. I've been able to pick up some really good bargains there over the years Montane featherlite jacket for £10, Sugio long sleeve cycling jersey for £10, loads of good outdoor gear. You need to know their system and visit regularly - on the surface it's a jumble sale but underneath there is order of sorts.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Yeah I agree, people are very quick to dismiss places like TK Maxx but there are some genuinely good bargains to be had if you get over yourself....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • cyclingpast
    cyclingpast Posts: 111
    just picked up two jerseys and a pair of shorts in t k maxx for £35. It may be a mess but it's a bargain mess!
    Giant Defy 3
    FCN 5

All wrenching and no riding makes me frickin' angry...
  • TK maxx - brilliant. Tk maxx clearance - even better! There are all sorts of wonderful bargains to be had - it takes a bit of looking, but you are saving £££s so worth it!
  • Yeah I agree, people are very quick to dismiss places like TK Maxx but there are some genuinely good bargains to be had if you get over yourself....

never said it was bad, just like a jumble sale. have had some cracking bargains there in the past.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Pigtail
    Pigtail Posts: 424
    Just got a pair of Gonso bibshorts in large for £14.99. My first bibs!

They weren't in the sale though. I sometimes have a look, especially for shoes, but would never have thought about looking for cycling clothes if it hadn't been for this thread.

James
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    TK maxx the only shop where the clothes section looks like a church jumble sale.

May I take exception to that on behalf of our local church who are holding a jumble sale this weekend.

Bob
  • motopatter
    my tkmaxx doesn't appear to do bike gear? other than crappy lights etc. Not found any clothes anywhere? Where should I be looking?
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    might have to check out my local one (well actually have 2 nearby!! ) in the market for some summer gear :)

cheers for the heads up!
  • Pigtail
    motopatter wrote:
    my tkmaxx doesn't appear to do bike gear? other than crappy lights etc. Not found any clothes anywhere? Where should I be looking?

Stock varies quite a bit. There was a section of sports stuff - mainly shorts (possibly called active wear?) and I just found them in there.

James
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Rarely see bike kit, my Daughter got some Scott Baggies from one though and I have a Howies super lightweight waterproof though so its 'pot luck'.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Pigtail
    B****r - they've had to go back as they had a hole in them.
    No more large ones left either - a small and a medium but not a large.

So I'm still bibless.

James
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    99% is crap stuff, but out of the 1% is some shear gems. Not much bike stuff, but I'm also into hill walking and running. I've had genuine top notch bargains from TKMaxx.

The problem I have is I'm medium sized and most of what I want is XL or small :cry:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • motopatter
    Pigtail wrote:
    motopatter wrote:

Stock varies quite a bit. There was a section of sports stuff - mainly shorts (possibly called active wear?) and I just found them in there.

James

our tkmaxx really is like a jumble sale. Albeit with and area for shoes and an area for everything else :lol:
  • motopatter
    Pigtail wrote:
    B****r - they've had to go back as they had a hole in them.
    No more large ones left either - a small and a medium but not a large.

So I'm still bibless.

James

I've given up on jeans from there > two pairs both with one wash each and after the wash noticed the crotch was unstitched (yes ladies 8) ).

I did get a National Geographic telescope (which II don't use) which in Argos same model cost £100 for £18 - then got a tenner knocked off as the crappy tripod was broke, which I'm happy with if that makes sense ???
  • Echoii
    Echoii Posts: 13
    Bike gear is in the Active wear section, however it is a select amount the store i work in has maybe 10-15 assorted gonso tops and some padded gonso shorts in the underwear section.

Good tops though i got a blue one for 7:99 and used it nearly every time i go mountain biking.
    Claud Butler Explorer 100

Carrera Fury
  • I got a genuine nike TDF yellow jersey in mine a couple of years back, albeit the previous season, but at £15 you can't complain!
    Look 675 Light Di2
    Boardman Pro C winter hack
    Cannondale Prophet
    Decathlon Hub geared City bike