Cotic take the Hemlock out of production

kona_matt
kona_matt Posts: 475
edited March 2011 in MTB general
Cotic aren't making the Hemlock anymore. I know they've had their problems with this frame but it's pretty dissapointing. always fancied one when I finally make the move to full sus. I love the concept of having so many different bikes in one frame.

http://www.cotic.co.uk/news/

:cry:

I'll have to find another full sus to pine over. Something that will take a u-turn up front.
FCN 9 - 2008 Kona Cinder Cone
FCN 9 - Custom Build On-One 456
FCN 5 - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon

Comments

• meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    It is to be replaced later in the year though... the design's getting on a bit now and apparently the replacement is likely to be a completely new model rather than a tinker with the current one.
  • kona_matt
    oooo, that's better. good news. in the meantime i've been drawn to the mythic spitfire!
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Coincidentally i popped into Freeborn at the weekend as I was thinking about the Mythic too and the guy I spoke to was less than enthusiastic about the Spitfire. A very marmite bike, very slack for a 140mm bike. Also not particularly complimentary about the rear end - bearings tend to develop play too easily. His view was that the devincis were a much better bet.

If you're in the Surrey area on a Sunday they do a demo day every week incuding the Spitfire, Devincis, Ellsworths...
  • kona_matt
    that's good to know. i had read something about them having tollerance trouble with the spitfores.

i'm not far, essex. that sounds great, not that i currently have the funds to purchase any of these lovely machines but a demo day would be great.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They've been out of production for ages, the medium's been out of stock for as long as I can remember. But yes there'll be a new one soon and it may or may not be better. It'll have a very hard job being better though. Never ridden anything else that comes close.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • not sure about the out of production bit Northwind, my mate got a large Hemlock frame about a week ago direct from Cotic and I'm sure he had to wait a couple or 3 weeks for it to be made. Maybe they recalled it from a stockist or something.
  • not sure about the out of production bit Northwind, my mate got a large Hemlock frame about a week ago direct from Cotic and I'm sure he had to wait a couple or 3 weeks for it to be made. Maybe they recalled it from a stockist or something.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Lead time for a frame from taiwan is generally a fair bit longer than that and the small and large were showing in stock while the medium's been unavailable for months... Maybe had to be assembled to his spec, choice of rockers or something? Cotic are usually fast to post
    Uncompromising extremist
  • yeah it wasn't a postage thing because he picked it up, who knows. He's away in Vietnam at the moment, I'll ask him when he gets back. All I know is that I liked it and was considering a medium, I guess that's not gonna happen tho now. I'll have to wait and see what the replacement is like, till then I'm going to continue my hardtail mission.
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    Shame. It was top of my 'when I switch to FS' list too.

Will have to keep an eye out for the replacement (as well as watching the Ragley thing and lusting over various Transitions too).

slainte :cry: rob