Campagnolo bib short sizing

maddog 2
maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
The size guides that are printed on various websites seem pure nonsense so I was wondering if anyone has a pair and could describe the fit and their dimensions, to get a feel for how they size up.

I take a large in their jerseys, which come up quite small.

I'm thinking I'll either be L or XL in their shorts

[5'11", 78kg, 33"ish waist]
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    I'm a smidge over 6' and was 95kg/35" waist when I bought my bib longs which were snug but xxl would have been too long in the leg, the XL jersey fitted just fine.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Unless your legs are particularly long for your height, you will definitely want the Large size.

The waist size is the most flexible part of the shorts and the real difference is in the length of the legs.

I have the same size waist as you and I buy Campag bib-shorts in size Medium, cos I've only got short legs!
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Ta. I'm probably better off ordering a L and a XL and sending one back I think.

Legs are standard length but I like a long cut to them (opposite of the 'Sean Yates Look', that is often quoted) so maybe the XL will be better.

Atrmstrong-Yates_1559419c.jpg
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • maddog 2 wrote:
    The size guides that are printed on various websites seem pure nonsense so I was wondering if anyone has a pair and could describe the fit and their dimensions, to get a feel for how they size up.

I take a large in their jerseys, which come up quite small.

I'm thinking I'll either be L or XL in their shorts

[5'11", 78kg, 33"ish waist]

I am same size and weight as you and I have Large bib shorts,which are a really good fit and very comfortable.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    I'm smaller than you but for campag bibs I take a size larger than in their jerseys (Medium bibs, Small jerseys, but the jerseys are a pretty tight fit, which I like).

If it helps I have assos and campag and the sizing for the bibs seems to be about the same. Both are slightly on the smaller side compared to some other brands.
  • I have a medium Campag 11 Speed jersey. I would suggest the sizing is about the same as Assos (i.e. comes up small) and smaller than equivalent Rapha. I like it. It looks pretty funky, but the pockets are so tight and high as to be a total waste of time.
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    I have a medium Campag 11 Speed jersey. I would suggest the sizing is about the same as Assos (i.e. comes up small) and smaller than equivalent Rapha. I like it. It looks pretty funky, but the pockets are so tight and high as to be a total waste of time.

That's the one I missed on the classifieds!

I am 6' with 32" waist and I have M, L and XL in their shorts, M are tight on the thighs and short-ish in the body. There is nothing in the sizing L and XL Raytech shorts both fit well.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er