Sram X0 Mech Long Length?

O\'Neal
O\'Neal Posts: 41
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I'm trying to find out what's the length of long Sram XO rear mech, from the centre of one jockey wheel to the other. Mine measures 7.5cm - is that short/ med/ or long?
Had a quick search on here but couldn't find anything

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    got a part number?

or a picture?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • O\'Neal
    on the rear of the cage it says: 33T80012315
  • nicklouse
    sorry cant match that.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • O\'Neal
    picture of the xo from behind if it helps?

xorear1.jpg
  • nicklouse
    arg, I am being a bit usless at the moment. went to look at some pics of mine but then i started to wonder if mine is med or short.

but I have a feeling that that is a Medium.

will measure mine tomorrow evening.
  • O\'Neal
    It was advertised as being a long rear mech when i bought it from a seller on ebay a few weeks ago.
    I'm bit of a newbie when it comes to bike parts, am building my own bike, so not had the chance to fit it. Thought id ask as it looked a little small compared to the photographs ive seen.

If it is a medium, would it be ok to use on a triple front crankset? Have a 9 speed rear cassette
  • nicklouse
    range given here
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12546123

but if you dont mind not using big ring and big cog then you will be ok.
  • nicklouse
    All measurements approximate.

Long cage 100mm
    Medium cage 75mm
    short cage 60mm
  • O\'Neal
    Cheers for the info man!
    I've searched the net for the dimensions, but couldn't find anything on it.
    I've decided to put it up for sale now, would rather have a long one to have full use of all the gears without any limitations