Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi There.

Currently looking at a number of frames - Are The Focus frames/bikes any good

The Izalco looks a nice frame.

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I have both the Variado and the Cayo and I'm very pleased with both of them...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Marko1962
    Marko1962 Posts: 320
    Variado Expert for me 3 years and a great bike...
  • NommaG
    NommaG Posts: 10
    Cayo Expert for 18 months, excellent bike :D
  • trailstar
    trailstar Posts: 114
    i have an izalco, absolutely cracking frame. fast, responsive, light.. all my power is used properly. Looks good and is kitted out well... fulcrum wheels, full dura ace groupo, selle italia seat, ritchey carbon finishing kit.

love my bike :)
  • rabk
    rabk Posts: 182
    I also have an Izalco, considering it is the same frame geometry as my Cayo I didn't think there would be much difference, but there is.

As said above Light, responsive and stiff (but not uncomfortable) My one is kitted out with Sram red and Cosmic Carbone SLR wheels, looks well nice

Very pleased with the Izalco, money well spent

My Cayo is also a good bike, but a little bit heavier and not quite as responsive, however people who have ridden have been impressed.
  • trailstar
    trailstar Posts: 114
    the BB is really really solid compared to the cayo and i think the super thin seatstays really help keep it comfortable but stuff. Also the front end has a tapered headtube which really keeps it planted/solid for descending.

the internal cable routing is lovely, but i found it a paint when replacing the cables.