Cube Agree GTC SL

Alsgonow
Alsgonow Posts: 45
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi, i have been looking at getting a Cube Agree GTC SL but have now been spooked by a Felt dealer saying that the carbon frame is not all carbon and infact there are various areas on the frame that are aluminium covered, anyone know if this is true?

His sales pitch was to show me a Felt frame cut in half showing all carbon stating they were much better frames which is why the components were not as good as the Cube.

All imput welcome.
Must try harder!

Comments

• taimur
    taimur Posts: 173
    I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
    I have the Cube agree SL (allu), its light stiff and fast! Also praised by a friend who rides our national pro races.

There are also countless threads praising the GTC on these forums. Buy what you like more and don't worry about what the felt dealer says, he is just trying to make a sale.

Good luck

[EDIT]
    here are some closeup owner's pics of the GTC Race Frame on Cube facebook page. Those Germans take their engineering seriously, evident from the attention to detail!
    1996 Cannondale M500 CAAD3 (Hardtail MTB)
    2007 Cannondale F700 CAAD
    2010 Cube Agree SL (Road, retired)
    2011 Cube Litening Super HPC DI2 Frame, with Ultegra Di2 Components
  • greeny1
    greeny1 Posts: 106
    He will be talking s***e mate, dont worry. Do you mean the white and black with green dura ace equipped one? I was looking at it before i got my bike, its lovely although i had the same thing happen to me some dealer from another shop was bad mouthing cubes, I am sure they will not be as cheap in a few years once they have a bigger cut of the market. I remember Felts being much cheaper a few years ago also, Now there prices have shot up as they are more popular. If you like the cube get it!
  • Phate
    Phate Posts: 121
    Was chatting to the guy in my LBS about the Agree GTC (which ever one is around the 1800 mark, Ultegra or 105?) and he said he would happily put it up against any bike up to double the price! Also said it has been the shops best selling bike of the year!!

Don't believe a word about Cube not being as good a frame etc my LBS has been dealing Cubes for 4 years and have not sent a single bike back under warranty, Felt guy just wanted a sale!
    exercise.png
  • greeny1
    Agreed! A lot of frames are overpriced and you pay for the name, all these people who make out they can distinguish marginal characteristics of a high end frames ride must be like princess and the pea. At that price point you’re not going to get a bad bike. Go for it, anyway the cubes look lovely, especially the litening HPC which in my local lbs the Di2 equipped bike is 4k a lot cheaper than most superbikes but I bet it doesn’t ride so.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    I have a 2011 GTC SL and absolutely love it, and I've had many a compliment from other riders on Sportives etc. I also have a scott CR1 Pro and prefer the Cube.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I've got a GTC Race 2010.

The GTC Race is plenty light enough for me, the frame is stiff but still very comfortable on the longer rides. I think the Felt Deal was talking through his a*** to put it bluntly.

My lbs have also stated that the Cube Road bikes are doing very well for them this year.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Alsgonow
    Thanks for the feedback, hopefully will be posting a picture of my new GTC SL very shortly :D

Greeny1, what bike did you go for in the end then?
    Must try harder!
  • greeny1
    BMC Pro Machine but I would of been happy taking the Cube home also, its a lovely bike and looks the dogs in most colour schemes. Is it the carbon dura-ace one your looking at?
  • I have a 2010 Agree GTC SL and it is stunning. Possibly the best thing I have ever bought. There is no aluminium in my frame. Felt guy is talking nonsense, I would recommend cube to anyone.
    Cube Agree GTC SL
    Trek 1.2
    Old custom MTB
  • Alsgonow
    greeny1 wrote:
    BMC Pro Machine but I would have been happy taking the Cube home also, its a lovely bike and looks the dogs in most colour schemes. Is it the carbon dura-ace one your looking at?

yes carbon dura-ace, not as bright a bike as some of the others tho :(
    Must try harder!