bike to work

John0611
John0611 Posts: 20
edited March 2011 in Commuting general
Sorry if this has been covered before but i could see it anywhere,

I understand that the problem with the bike to work scheme (too high buy back valuation) has been sort of fixed so its looking viable again. Problem is, my company wont even look at doing it, there 5 or 6 people that have expressed an interest, the car park is packed and more people are due to start, the only problem as far as I can see, is that the HR people dont want the extra paper work!

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to overcome it? Any tips at what angle to take next?

Seems a real shame because it would really help the parking situation and would be a real benifit (and I could get a shiney new bike)

Any help appreciated!

John

Comments

• Volunteer to be the "champion" of the project and take the work away from someone else.

Failing that just buy a bike anyway
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I can understand why they are reticent on that take up, have you pointed out th benefits of using a scheme supplier like cyclescheme or Halfords etc as it minimises their paperwork.

To be honest, unless you are a 40% tax payer the benefit of C2W, is minimal, often with bought in schemes you can better it with some negotiating, although you loose the years interest free loan you otherwise effectively get.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.