Bill Jinks Memorial Road Race - 27.03.2011

jones1328
jones1328 Posts: 85
edited April 2011 in Amateur race
Took part in this yesterday (3/4 race). Was my first road race and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Was well marshalled and most importantly seemed to pass without any crashes.

A couple of race reports at this link

if anyone has any reports/comments/photos to add then please feel free to do so :)

Comments

• Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    Well run race and a good course too!

Shame I wasn't allowed to escape with the breakaway!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Was hoping to do this but missed most of March with illness - clubmate ended up winning it though - he was a first cat 2 years ago, does go to show 3/4 events are decent standard.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • You can read how our man Harry got on in the 2/3/4 race here

http://vanillabikesblog.com/springing-forward[url][/url]
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Was hoping to do this but missed most of March with illness - clubmate ended up winning it though - he was a first cat 2 years ago, does go to show 3/4 events are decent standard.

Surely him winning is the only conceivable result that does not show 3/4 races are of a decent standard?
  • P_Tucker wrote:

Surely him winning is the only conceivable result that does not show 3/4 races are of a decent standard?

Tuck,

I think you'll find that some of the riders in that race(ex Milk Race &Internationals)show that this 3/4 race had to be a decent standard.
  • Sheptastic
    Chrissylaa wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:

Tuck,

I think you'll find that some of the riders in that race(ex Milk Race &Internationals)show that this 3/4 race had to be a decent standard.

That makes me feel better about my poor finish! :wink:
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Chrissylaa wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:

Tuck,

I don't doubt it, but an ex 1st cat winning a 3rd cat race doesn't demonstrate it's of a decent standard. An ex 1st cat being shelled after 10 miles would show that.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    OK it showed that there was at least one rider of a decent standard there.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Sheptastic
    Whats your definition of a decent standard?
  • P_Tucker wrote:
    Chrissylaa wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:

Tuck,

I don't doubt it, but an ex 1st cat winning a 3rd cat race doesn't demonstrate it's of a decent standard. An ex 1st cat being shelled after 10 miles would show that.

Fair enough but that's pretty unlikely in a 3/4.
    I should say a decent standard 3/4 race.
    Not the usual rollfests that can sometimes pervade.