bitten by the downhill bug, commencal content - fully built!

ilovedirt
ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
edited April 2011 in Your mountain bikes
So since racing the student champs at moelfre the other weekend, I got bitten by the downhill bug slightly, so i decided to build up a cheap-ish downhill bike, i managed to get a 2006 (i think) commencal supreme dh frame off ebay, some 170mm 66's, and a superstar rear wheel, and pretty much everything else has come off my GT. Apologies for the crap photo, i'll try and get a better one once it's fully built up (hopefully tomorrow)

p4pb6359916.jpg
Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5

Comments

• *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Very nice!!!

where do you plan on riding it?
  • ilovedirt
    Well i'm at bangor uni, so a lot of the downhill trails around here mainly, there are some good local spots, and some good uplifted tracks not too far away as well :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt
    Now fully built, and feeling fairly light! (or at least compared to some of tanks some people i know ride) though I have plenty of upgrades planned for it (brakes, tyres, front wheel, bars, stem)

what do you think?

p4pb6364069.jpg
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Not too bad man, not bad!

Nice build. How much have you spunked so far?
  • ilovedirt
    theoretically, around a grand, though some parts have come off old builds and bikes i bought complete, i spent around £550 on frame, fork and rear wheel, the rest i already had.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt
    So I rode it in anger today for the first time, it's certainly a departure from my hardtail! It was nice being able to plough through things where I would otherwise have been shaken about on my hardtail, but at the same time, it is a heavy beast in comparison, and you really have to muscle it around to get it round tighter corners etc, I think some wider bars would improve that, and just getting used to how the bike handles, It's going to take some getting used to, so what better way than to go riding tomorrow as well? ;)
    I also discovered that my cassette is pretty shagged, which is annoying... Anyone selling one cheap?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5