If money was no object...

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,844
    daviesee wrote:
    That Gios is very, very nice!

I don't think I could go back to downtube shifters though.

Go back to them? I've just revived my old bike with them - first commute on it tomorrow. Best thing was it allowed me to go to 9 speed from 7 speed with just a new cassette and chain!

Greasedscotsman - nice to see a man of taste on here!
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Pross wrote:
    One of my clubmates had a Kirk back in the day. I think he may even still have it. As you say, not to everyone's taste but it was certainly a bit different and got people talking. Unfortunately at a time people were looking at new frame materials they put their eggs in the magnesium basket when everyone else went for carbon or Ti!

I think I still have an old Kirk Revolution MTB sitting in my parents shed. Someone said they might be worth a bit these days.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Think I'd prefer this, with a Brooklyn jersey and maybe a couple of sectors of pave to go with it...

photo_02.jpg

And I almost forgot, I'd also need to "drop a set of burns"

:D
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Sacha White Speedvagen and a Pegoretti. Certainly a C59 and that new Look 695. My own mechanic to tune the bike and glue the tyres and drive the support car. Di2 to try and certainly some Lightweight wheels and since I'm not working I'll be out riding the finest roads jn Europe with people like Bettini and Marcel Wust who I've employed to be my guides
    M.Rushton
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    I'd be very tempted by this:

CYP201.storck.pack-399-75.jpg

Seen one in the flesh, a guy I know has three Storks, a 'crappy winter one' a blue one that I've never seen ridden, and one of them. The 2 bottles that were on it weighed more than the actual bike :lol: Pity it had a Super Record groupset though :twisted:

As my for dream bike, would be something Bamboo. With Sram Red and Lightweights. For the hell of it.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I don't know exactly but I'd have had to have made the frame and wheels myself I think.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Seen a black Storck stealth build in Hull - Cliff Pratts - with disgustingly expensive carbon wheels and naked bars.

Felt like a feather - almost too light to be real.

Real wow factor light.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Out on a club ride the other week we passed a Storck being ridden at a very sedate pace, when we went passed they tried to stay with us but was quickly dropped. A case of more money than legs there :wink:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    markos1963 wrote:
    A case of more money than legs there :wink:

I have only two legs but a fiver in my wallet. I guess that applies to me then. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • redrobbo
    redrobbo Posts: 727
    Would stick with the current stable. It's taken me a long time to get bikes that are right for me.

But.. I'd get Lance Armstrong to clean 'em for me.

And.. I'd live somewhere really nice for riding with just enough crap weather to keep the trees growing.