Forum home Road cycling forum Road beginners

Specialized Allez/Mavic CXP22 inner tubes?

edwardmlyteedwardmlyte Posts: 31
edited March 2011 in Road beginners
Which inner tubes do I need to buy? Evans cycles informs me they have "Standard presta valve".

So looking on wiggle do I want these ... nner-tube/

or these ... nner-tube/

And what type do I need?
Presta 42mm 650x18-25 Race 26
Presta 42mm 700x18-25 Race 28
Presta 42mm 700x25-35 Cross 28
Presta 42mm 700x28-37 Tour 28 SL
Presta 42mm 700x32-47 Tour 28

Don't want to ride and then have a long walk home. I'm guessing I should have a practice at swapping the tubes at home before risking it all out the wild.


  • danowatdanowat Posts: 2,877
    These > Presta 42mm 700x18-25 Race 28
  • Thanks. Out of interest, how did you find that out?
  • EyonEyon Posts: 623
    presta - type of valve
    42mm - length of valve
    700 - diameter of wheel (700c etc)
    18-25 - diameter of tyre (23c 25c etc)
    Race - Marketing BS
    28 - no idea...
  • secretsamsecretsam Posts: 4,947
    Spesh tubes are the most common, but personally I can't abid them 'cos I always break the valves

    But that may just be my pumping technique :oops:

    It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • simon_esimon_e Posts: 1,701
    Eyon wrote:
    28 - no idea...

    Race 28 is yer standard middling inner tube for 28" AKA 700c wheels and tyres. The name indicates weight, with heavy to light: Tour > Race > Race Light > Supersonic.

    I found the valve on Specialized's standard tubes (32mm) to be too short for my track pump and RS10 rims. I like Schwalbe, though I'm sure Conti are fine too.

    Getting the hang of wheel & tyre removal and refit at home when relaxed in is a very good idea.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Ah ok cool. Thanks all. So the same inner tubes should fit on my girlie's specialized globe vienna 2.

    Cheers all.
Sign In or Register to comment.