tour of flanders 2011 sportive

The-beast
The-beast Posts: 140
any one going on the tour of flanders sportive, hope the weathers going to be spot on, any tips and pointers for this sportive would be appreciated

Comments

• Humph
    Humph Posts: 31
    Going over with 5 mates this friday for first time, forecast not looking great but wot the heck still be great time.
    While doing a 50 miler today hooked up for few miles with another lad doing it - bizarre and had good chat.
  • blim
    blim Posts: 333
    I did it last year, not doing it this year, but I'd say: stop now and then and drink it all in.

I regret not having done so more often and just appreciated "christ, I'm at the top of the Paterberg!" or whatever.

Alu bottle cages are a must, or your bidons will pop out on the kasseien. And make sure you have gel mitts: those cobbles are going to hurt. Nothing can prepare you for them.

If you are finding it a struggle, then at the top of each climb a sign tells you (in Flemish & French) how far it is to the next hill, and what it is. Helps break the distance up and also adds to the excitement!

Finally, don't be afraid to give it all you've got on the Muur: afterwards (relatively easy Bosberg apart) it's a very fast, slightly downhill run-in to Ninove.
    kop van de wedstrijd
  • I've prepared a route card for the long route that may help you prepare for what's ahead.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianfitch/5546504465/
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Just please do not stop at the very top of each hill, try to roll down the road another 100 meters or so, it's better for your legs.

Does anyone have an extra bus ticket they don't need for the transfer from Ninove to Bruges for the start of the 250?

If so, I can find a buyer for it.

Thanks
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • I was with a group of 11 who were going over to do it. However thanks to a car hitting me whilst out training for it a month ago I'm now not :cry:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • ag_hind
    ag_hind Posts: 2
    Anyone know a good place to park a motorhome on Friday? Also how much time does it take to register on the day. I'm going solo, so If you see a lone Brit give me a wave!
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 493
    24 deg C on sat apparently :shock:
  • parajba
    parajba Posts: 95
    Where can I find the results?
  • The-beast
    The-beast Posts: 140
    Amazing day , 24 degrees of pure bliss, only disappointed that we didn't manage to get up the koppenberg and the Niue in one go down to people walking up the centre of the road, truly amazing day with a hint of sun burn :lol: