Excel Oblivion Full-sus MTB

Andyh4324
Andyh4324 Posts: 58
edited March 2011 in MTB general
Found one of these at the back of my parents garage which i used to use years ago. Just thought i might give it a service and upgrade a couple of worn bits and keep it as a spare bike if it's any good. Couldn't have a good look at it as it was half buried and dark at the time.

I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere, not even pics so far. Does anyone know anything about them or if it's re-branded from something else?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pics of it?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andyh4324
    5565564076_284bbff51a_z.jpg

Took this so i could remember what to look up online. Sorry it's not much help.

I do remember it has 21 speed Shimano grip-shift gears.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Looks Apollo ish from that pic. Would say BSO.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Judging by the name and frame design it looks as is to be a BSO. Most likely not worth doing up, or investing fair chunks of cash into, but a service and riding it won't be bad.

There was a guy on here that re-did a Apollo frame with lots of new parts, turned out not too be too bad!
  • Andyh4324
    Thanks for the input guys. Will have a better look at the weekend in the daylight.

Meanwhile, if anyone else has some info on it that would be great.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Very heavy and basic full suspension bike, cost about 100 quid. I wouldn't go offroad on it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Andyh4324 wrote:
    Well, nothing that's NOT a BSO would have a massive sticker proclaiming 21 SHIMANO speed.

On a similar subject, I've been given a BSO to do up, but the BB is absolutely fugged. But it's that weird kind of BB that I've never had a tool for. GRRR
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Andyh4324 wrote:
    Well, nothing that's NOT a BSO would have a massive sticker proclaiming 21 SHIMANO speed.

On a similar subject, I've been given a BSO to do up, but the BB is absolutely fugged. But it's that weird kind of BB that I've never had a tool for. GRRR

Blowtorch, hammer, and possibly chainsaw should get it out.

We got one a while ago with a weird BMX style crank, hit it with a hammer a bit and it stopped wobbling for a bit :lol: It was then left on a the pavement, and about 20 minutes later it was gone... Picked up by some guys in a white van.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmm, not an option. I'm supposed to fix it for a girl who's doing the 30 miles for BHF with me. (Well, I'm doing it with her, really - ahem, oo-er! :lol: )

I reckon I'm going to find it difficult to get anyone to take me seriously enough to sponsor me to do 30 miles for charity though :?
    "Eh, YOU? But you do that anyway? That's like you sponsoring me for driving to work" etc etc.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,090
    Hmm, not an option. I'm supposed to fix it for a girl who's doing the 30 miles for BHF with me. (Well, I'm doing it with her, really - ahem, oo-er! :lol: )

I reckon I'm going to find it difficult to get anyone to take me seriously enough to sponsor me to do 30 miles for charity though :?
    "Eh, YOU? But you do that anyway? That's like you sponsoring me for driving to work" etc etc.

A couple of us managed to raise £8k last year by cycling around our branches - despite the you will do it anyway comments
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599

But if you find a nearby ditch it really only has to do a mile or so.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools