we are DeVo

mattshrops
mattshrops Posts: 1,134
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
oh yeah, just heard this on local bbc radio of all places. wow takes me back to when i was 15 and knew everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGaXiUHI-Og

priceless

(the original was NOT 2001)
Death or Glory- Just another Story

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Great band, mostly and sadly forgotten. Edit - the original video was just fantastic!
  • mattshrops
    from an era when it was good to be different to others and the robots hadnt taken over.

jeez do i sound old or what?

you cant tell a word theyre singing these days all you can hear is boom boom boom :lol:
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    mattshrops wrote:
    from an era when it was good to be different to others and the robots hadnt taken over.

jeez do i sound old or what?

you cant tell a word theyre singing these days all you can hear is boom boom boom :lol:

Theres still shoe under the shine if you look harder. Ignore the Justine Bilbo b*ll*cks with his "baby baby baby oooo" (how original), I tend to find good stuff by looking at the music forums frequented by musos. Or just go on youtube and click on music vids until I fnd somethig I like. :)
  • I only had to see the word "DeVo" and was smirking.My personal fave is here-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw&feature=related

Truly bonkers
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    They did the best version of Satisfaction. Ever. They Whipped It, they whipped it good.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    still touring in one form or another. Mongoloid was a fave and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekwlo9GfId8

theres is great torrent out there of them live in 78/79, still sounds fresh.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mattshrops
    [quote="ynyswen24" They Whipped It, they whipped it good.[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol:
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    mattshrops wrote:
    [quote="ynyswen24" They Whipped It, they whipped it good.

:lol::lol::lol:[/quote]

I also have a gag about them being a bunch of Mothers Boys.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    S'funny, I was on my way up to Coed-y-Brenin on Friday and had the ipod on shuffle and in amongst the stuff that came out was Whip It. So I immediately put Duty Now For The Future on, closely followed by Total Devo.

My sons wouldn't have it that the bloke that did the music for Rugrats was the same mad bloke at the front of Devo :)

And then I got to C-y-B and the bloke parked in the van next to me was listening (post-ride) to Peter and The Test Tube Babies!! So a quick bit of punk nostalgia and then I was off.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    My sons wouldn't have it that the bloke that did the music for Rugrats was the same mad bloke at the front of Devo :)

Nor would it be credible that it's the same Mark that is the drawing guy on Yo Gabba Gabba.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.