Thomas cycles (colchester) Sit-bone thingy?

DaveHudson
DaveHudson Posts: 290
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Evening all,

Does anyone know if Thomas cycles have the sit bone measuring doobry (oh all the technical terms coming out tonight!)

I need a new saddle for the road bike, It and my arse do not get on! I've done a fair few miles on it now and it's just not giving. It's not an expensive item anyway so a good reason to spend more pennies :D

Comments

• getjim
    getjim Posts: 30
    You mean an Ass o Meter? Any Specialized dealer should have one. Had my butt measured last week. Testing a Spesh Romin at the mo.
  • DaveHudson
    Was it a gentle procedure :lol:
    My rump is a tad tender tonight after a couple of days commuting so it's going to have to go (saddle not ass, I need that!)
  • DaveHudson wrote:
    Was it a gentle procedure :lol:
    My rump is a tad tender tonight after a couple of days commuting so it's going to have to go (saddle not ass, I need that!)

My saddle is fine but I may need a new ars*. Checked my rear in the mirror this morning and noticed a large crack in it :roll:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • It is all marketing Bullsh1t !!!!!

find a store with a stock of test saddles and start trying.

Ever wonder why most riders don't change once a comfortable one is found.

3 bikes all fitted with San Marco Regals
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My saddle is fine but I may need a new ars*. Checked my rear in the mirror this morning and noticed a large crack in it :roll:
    That's nothing, mine has a bl**dy CHARGE SPOON
    hole in it as well!

Simon
    Warning the above post may contain a hidden subliminal message
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DaveHudson
    I dare say it is designed to purely sell the buyer a spesh item but from a personal point of view I see it as a handy way to find out what saddle would suit better without spending £50+ per item in trial and error. And when I find one I like, Why will I change it? I don't understand that comment at all.

I have ordered a charge spoon for the time being just until I get a chance to test more out somewhere. My current item is crippling me.
  • DaveHudson
    hole in it as well!

Simon

I've now just got the urge to purchase something.... What could it be :lol:

That must have been a really subtle message but very effective, I ordered it yesterday :wink:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The effectiveness of my subliminal messages is not to be underestimated!

The Spoon has a lot of fans (me included) but I did find it needed a few days of persevering to get comfy, once you have its great though, the spesh bum thingy is 'OK' and its rare for people to get a 'miss' from it, but it does then tie you to a spesh saddle, which may not be what you want.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • My saddle is fine but I may need a new ars*. Checked my rear in the mirror this morning and noticed a large crack in it :roll:
    hole in it as well!

Simon

:shock: :shock: :shock: I think you're doing it wrong.

Where I come from you rest your sit bones on the shoulders of the saddle rather than insert it up your jacksey. :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem