Ribble take the p***s

Flash 72
Flash 72 Posts: 76
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
I ordered a new set of wheels and tryed of them last Tue so I thought they would have defo been here for yesterday. But they didn't so as I was going to be around that area yesterday I tried to ring them to see if I could just collect them myself but after 3 attempts and no answer I gave up and thought an email was the next best thing (sent yesterday at 11am) still no reply. So I have tried to log into my account on ribbles website but apprentley my account dosent excist although they have already took the money out. So even if I want to cancel the order I have no way of doing so unless I actually ride (don't drive) to the shop which is a 70mi (horrible) round trip. Rant over!
If I only scrape a livin, at least it's living worth sraping for

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    I blame Wiggle...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • I have been looking at a ribble frame recently, i sent an enquiry about some detail on it yesterday to their sales email address and still no reply.

If they are that unresponsive about a sales enquiry, how would they respond to a returns issue or similar?

I think ribble's reputation is somewhat chequered on this forum, somewhere between the almost exclusive (speed king aside) admiration for wiggle and chain reaction, vs the opposite for dave hinde (well deserved in all cases IMO). Ribble seem to fall somewhere between the two.

That said, I have used ribble many times in the past. Their order info isn't as slick as the likes of wiggle and CRC, neither is their packaging or speed of dispatch. They are however, nearly always the cheapest by some margin and I just think they operate at the lower end of the price spectrum which carries an associated customer service experience. as they say, you pays your money, you takes your choice..

i will still use them.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I just purchased a groupset from them last week with no problems.

And rang them up to see if they could alter my order and got someone on the phone straight away.

He did, however, tell me that it was impossible to change my order once it goes into processing as they 'deal with hundreds of order a day'

So I'm guessing they are just busy.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I own a Ribble bike and prior to ordering I must say it was very difficult to get them to respond to email or answer the phone. In the end I got a response from a specific member of staff and from that point on emailed him directly with questions rather than the generic sales email address
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • R8JimBob88
    R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
    They have a bad reputation for customer services but their bikes are top notch.

Personally I had a really good level of customer service from them and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Cracking shop imo
    If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    I agree they're not the fastest at dispatching out goods, but as mentioned, they are usually so damn cheap!

CRC and Wiggle always seem to be fastest for shipping for me.
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    I made a complaint to Ribble by email about a month ago, it took them over a week to reply.

Agree with other comments, they're dispatching is no where as fast as the other suppliers.
  • flybywire
    flybywire Posts: 575
    Ordered frame / forks and bits. They said it would take approx 10days due to workshop checks before transit. (looks like refaced bb)

Arrived within 10days. :)

Very well packaged and quality Ribble standard TT frame.

This time of year must be v.busy - suggest order early to avoid disappointment !

get my order every time
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Has your stuff arrived yet?

Did you advise Ribble of the urgency of your order (and pay the extra for speedy delivery)?

Did you notice that the website has a notice that wheels may take longer to deliver?

Just asking like :wink:
    The older I get the faster I was
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    They're massively understaffed, and don't seem to care too much about customer service. Wiggle and CRC seem to get it, I wonder how long before Ribble go under?
  • Flash 72
    Flash 72 Posts: 76
    My things arrived yesterday maybe I was jumping the gun a bit and was to used to the service of crc as a previous poster has said they arent as efficient as crc or wiggle but they were in this case alot cheaper (£70) but it's still annoying when you spend over £400 with someone and they cant even take 2min too answer the phone or reply to an email. And to stone glider's post I did pay £10 for the postage and I did see the bit a about wheels taking longer but it says handbuilt and these were factory.
    If I only scrape a livin, at least it's living worth sraping for
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    It's a shame SPEED_KING is no longer known to us.

He has a great story/rant that would put the OPs to shame.
  • AndyRubio wrote:
    They're massively understaffed, and don't seem to care too much about customer service. Wiggle and CRC seem to get it, I wonder how long before Ribble go under?

When I was a kid growing up I spent hours staring at the Ribble Campag/Shimano groupset table in the back of my dads cycling mag's, dreaming of what could be if I got more than 50p a week pocket money. Over 25 years on I can still drool over the same comparison table. My suspicion is they'll be around for a long time yet.....
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Probably my most used online shop. Stuff arrives promptly and the prices are good and I've found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Usually I only end up going somewhere else if Ribble don't stock what I want.

As for going under - they seem to be churning out bikes as fast as they can build them. I like my Gran Fondo :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    To save the consumer some money they probably run less staff than other companies which means their customer service may not be as good and it might take longer to get your goods but is it really that bad to have to wait a week for some wheels? I recently ordered a chain and cassette lockring tool from a different online supllier, both were in stock and payment went out the following day but it took 2 weeks for the stuff to arrive. When it did the chain was partially rusty (no more Shimano chains for me) and too short (probably my fault but I need to check the number of links is as advertised). Ribble aren't the quickest and can be a pain to get hold of but they are still one of the best.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Pross wrote:
    To save the consumer some money they probably run less staff than other companies which means their customer service may not be as good and it might take longer to get your goods but is it really that bad to have to wait a week for some wheels? I recently ordered a chain and cassette lockring tool from a different online supllier, both were in stock and payment went out the following day but it took 2 weeks for the stuff to arrive. When it did the chain was partially rusty (no more Shimano chains for me) and too short (probably my fault but I need to check the number of links is as advertised). Ribble aren't the quickest and can be a pain to get hold of but they are still one of the best.

+1
    Cycling weakly
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    I am glad that your stuff has arrived and hope that you can get out on the new wheels this weekend.
    The older I get the faster I was