Which is more bling XT or Race Face Deus?

Mancunianfightingcat
Mancunianfightingcat Posts: 2,054
edited March 2011 in MTB general
I'm currently running a Race Face Deus chainset and e13 bash on my Orange 5SE, but I've also got an XT chainset. I need to put one of them on my single speed project and leave the blingiest on my Five?

I am a tart I know, but please answer the question?

Sh%20XT%20M770trChainset.jpg

race-face-deus-xc.jpg

Comments

• Davie mac
    Davie mac Posts: 43
    aaarrrghh!! decisions decisions both are good but im more inclined to go with raceface :lol:
  • If you really want bling go for the XTR, those look simply amazing! Or some KCNC cranks.

As far as between the 2 above, i'd have to say the Raceface, especially since they are closing down now!
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    RF rings look better, but the XT crank arms are gorgeous pieces of metalwork. Add in the fact Shimano cranks generally have the better shifting reputation and you wont have any warranty on the Race Face cranks the decision should be fairly easy.

BUT, if you really want bling my vote goes to the FSA Afterburner:

54763.jpg
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730
    I've have to say the raceface one. Although would be happy with either 8)
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • Just to clarify, I all ready own both, both are used, the rfs are more used though. I'm not after buying any more, one will be used double and bash and the other single speeded.

Cheers for the input so far though..
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Shimano HTII cranksets are better than anything, so stick the XTs on your real bike (the 5), and stick the others on your joke bike.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Shimano HTII cranksets are better than anything, so stick the XTs on your real bike (the 5), and stick the others on your joke bike.

agree entirely.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Having a set of xt and a white set of deus cranks, the deus are considerably more pimpy, however the xt are considerably better.

I'd put the deus on the singlespeed, purely because they look amazing with the I-beam construction and leave any bike with shifting for shimano gear.

In fact I'm hoping to pick up some cheap sixC raceface cranks to use with shimano rings on my carbon 456.
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    XT on the 5, RF's on the singlespeed. For pretty much all the resaons mentioned above.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    Personally if it was me i too would stick the XTs on the 5 8)