Forum home Road cycling forum Your road bikes

My Finished Cervelo R3

ScottieR3ScottieR3 Posts: 207
edited April 2011 in Your road bikes
All Tweaks now done to my R3, Comments welcome.

Spec
Cervelo 51cm R3 Frame & Forks
Zipp 404 Clincher Wheels
3T Team Carbon Bars
3T Team Stem
Sram Force 10spd Groupset
Speedplay Cro Mo Pedals
Specialized Toupe Team ti Saddle
Syntace P6 Seatpost

7857f441.jpg

Regards
RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
Mtb: On One 456

Posts

  • Cornish-JCornish-J Posts: 978
    stunning bike, the de-stickered zipps look great!
  • JesseDJesseD Posts: 1,961
    BOOM!!!!

    Love it 8)
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • rogerthecatrogerthecat Posts: 669
    drooling-homer-140.gif-7919.0.html.jpg
  • spanielssonspanielsson Posts: 776
    Awesome 8)
  • ScottieR3ScottieR3 Posts: 207
    Thanks for the comments!!! The only thing that annoys me now is the Blue bits on the Garmin......Anybody know of any after market covers etc that i could use to change the colour to Black or White maybe!!!
    RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
    Mtb: On One 456
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,045
    Looks the dogs
  • amnesiaamnesia Posts: 118
    ScottieR3 wrote:
    Thanks for the comments!!! The only thing that annoys me now is the Blue bits on the Garmin......Anybody know of any after market covers etc that i could use to change the colour to Black or White maybe!!!

    It annoys me too !
    I did have a look for the black casing that the base model is available in, but couldn't find anything. If you find one please let me know where you find it ;)

    (else I will have to by an Edge 800).



    BTW - lovely bike !!
    2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
    1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !
  • peterst6906peterst6906 Posts: 530
    Beautiful bike.

    Almost looks too good to ride. A real show piece.

    Congrats on such a nice looking finish.

    Regards,

    Peter
  • ScottieR3ScottieR3 Posts: 207
    amnesia wrote:
    ScottieR3 wrote:
    Thanks for the comments!!! The only thing that annoys me now is the Blue bits on the Garmin......Anybody know of any after market covers etc that i could use to change the colour to Black or White maybe!!!

    It annoys me too !
    I did have a look for the black casing that the base model is available in, but couldn't find anything. If you find one please let me know where you find it ;)

    (else I will have to by an Edge 800).



    BTW - lovely bike !!

    Will do!! Thats the only thing i thought about was changing to the 800 but i changed from the 705 to the 500 because i wasn't using the mapping so it would be a bit of a waste....although they do look very nice!!!! 8) sure the wife won't see the need of me changing computers just because of the colour dosen't suit my ride!!! Damn women :lol:
    RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
    Mtb: On One 456
  • warrior4lifewarrior4life Posts: 1,127
    I dont usually like Hudz but they suit that bike so much.
    It looks as fast as an s3.
    Fantastic looking bike.
  • very nice bike love them wheels
    enigma echo
    giant trance x
  • TMRTMR Posts: 3,986
    Can I just ask how you managed to fit an SRAM chainset to that? Did you need to use an adapter?

    Very nice bike! I picked an R3 frame up when I was last in Condor Cycles and they are ridiculously light :shock:

    Have you taken it up any hills yet? How is it?
  • rolf_frolf_f Posts: 16,015
    ScottieR3 wrote:
    Thanks for the comments!!! The only thing that annoys me now is the Blue bits on the Garmin......Anybody know of any after market covers etc that i could use to change the colour to Black or White maybe!!!

    Bryton Rider 30? Much the same as a 500 but black!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • fred22fred22 Posts: 509
    how about flogging your blue one and buying a black one? Garmin do do a black 500 You've come this far..
  • ScottieR3ScottieR3 Posts: 207
    I dont usually like Hudz but they suit that bike so much.
    It looks as fast as an s3.
    Fantastic looking bike.

    Tried Hudz originally, they just dont fit right so bought the genuine Sram ones.

    @the mad rapper, sram chainset fitted straight in no adators needed, and as for hills, it loves them!!! :-) shame the rider dosent :lol:

    @fred22 im tempted to sell the garmin altogther if i can find another thats as easy to change between 4 bikes as the garmin is, as i only us it for the basic speed, avg speed, mileage, ride time etc etc, dont even us heart rate anymore.

    Thanks for all the nice comments though guys. I only been out on it twice so far this year, but after a winter as long as the one we've had riding my mtb and cross bike i never realised actually how fast the bike really is, did a 20 mile loop last tuesday and manged to avg 21mph and didnt even feel like id hammered it. Just need to enter some races now to find out how well im really going :o
    RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
    Mtb: On One 456
  • ScottieR3ScottieR3 Posts: 207
    Have now decided to sell my race bike, as i have not renewed my race license for 2 years now and just dont forsee having anytime this year to use this. I totally love this bike but think the time has come to start again with another project, prob another cervelo as they are the nuts.

    Question is what does everyone think its worth. Complete as pictured except fot the Garmin.

    Any help with a price would be appreciate

    Regards

    Scott
    RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
    Mtb: On One 456
  • FransJacquesFransJacques Posts: 2,148
    JesseD wrote:
    BOOM!!!!

    Love it 8)
    Ha, that bike IS the Chas Michael Michaels of small Cervelos.

    Good colour-coordination.

    Ride it, don't sell it.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Simon1890Simon1890 Posts: 117
    ScottieR3 wrote:
    Have now decided to sell my race bike, as i have not renewed my race license for 2 years now and just dont forsee having anytime this year to use this. I totally love this bike but think the time has come to start again with another project, prob another cervelo as they are the nuts.

    Question is what does everyone think its worth. Complete as pictured except fot the Garmin.

    Any help with a price would be appreciate

    Regards

    Scott

    Fishy!!!

    Have to agree with FransJacques....keep it, just to ride such a nice machine, just cause you're not racing doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.

    This thread does now seem to reek of a planned motive to sell the bike on here without having to put a price on it (ie letting otehrs bid for it).......especially as you said you've not renewed your license for 2 years......what were you spending money tweaking it for then...i could be wrong.......maybe i'm just in a bad mood!!! Sorry!!

    Anyway...keep it, ride it, love it....there are many on here who would love to be able to ride such a nice machine.....
  • ProssPross Posts: 29,551
    Does seem a bit odd to suddenly want to sell it less than a month after finishing it :?
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,678
    Keep it or you'll take a MASSIVE hit money wise. Reckon you'd struggle to get more than 16-1800 quid for it.
  • ScottieR3ScottieR3 Posts: 207
    Its been finished and rideable for a while now, by finished i meant the colour scheme that i'd finally decided to run with after changing various items until i was happy.

    I would love to keep it, but im too happy riding my tricross and mtb at the moment so just dont want a £4500 bike hanging in my garage doing nothing. Also after just spending £20k on an extension at home the money from the sale of this will help kit the new room out.

    :twisted:
    RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
    Mtb: On One 456
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,678
    You paid 4.5k for it? :shock: :shock:
  • ScottieR3ScottieR3 Posts: 207
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Keep it or you'll take a MASSIVE hit money wise. Reckon you'd struggle to get more than 16-1800 quid for it.

    One happy new owner of a Cervelo R3 on his way home. One happy owner of £2550 in cash.........:-)

    It will be missed but its all replaceable. ;-)
    RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
    Mtb: On One 456
  • ScottieR3ScottieR3 Posts: 207
    NapoleonD wrote:
    You paid 4.5k for it? :shock: :shock:

    And NO of course i didnt pay 4.5k for it!!!
    RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
    Mtb: On One 456
Sign In or Register to comment.