2006 Specialized Enduro Pro

EarlofBarnet
EarlofBarnet Posts: 673
edited April 2011 in Your mountain bikes
After selling my 2004 Enduro I missed having a full suss bike to turn to. Then an '06 Enduro frame came up for sale so I snapped it up. Bought a few more parts and this is where I ended up:

935a8332.jpg

Spec:
Frame - 2006 Specialized Enduro Pro (Medium)
Forks - Marzocchi Drop off IV forks (20mm QR axle)
Headset - Hope (newer style)
Stem - Specialized 50mm o/s
Bars - FSA XC-280 o/s
Seatpost - Tioga
Saddle - Specialized BG
Brakes - Hayes 10th Anniversary: Chrome calipers and lever body, carbon levers, Goodridge hoses
Chainset - Shimano LX Hollowtech 2 (42/32/22)
Rear Mech - Shimano SLX
Gear Levers - Shimano Deore 9 Speed
Front Mech - Shimano Deore
Cassette - Shimano Deore (11-32)
Wheels - Mavic X317 Rims on Shimano M525 rear hub and unknown Red 20mm front hub.
Tyres - Continental Mountain King 2.4"

Pretty pleased with it to be honest. It's a completely different bike to my Giant XTC, but it's great fun to ride!

Future plans are to fit a bash guard and remove the outer chainring. That's about it for now :)

Comments

• Very nice. They are very well built bikes, and lovely to look at!
  • Thanks! :)

It's just finding space for them that's a problem!
  • really nice... the enduro has always been a great bike.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Lovely bike, I've got one of those! (It's a frame I always wanted to own, and chuffed I do!)

Really well built bikes, solid yet I find mine pretty quick on the ups as well :)

Enjoy it :)
  • Bought a set of Rock Shox Pike forks for this bike off eBay, so just waiting for them to land now. These should be a little bit lighter than the Drop Off's. The Pike's are the 426 Dual Air model.

Hoping to put the bash guard on soon and maybe fit a double roller to the front too.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    NICE!... saddles at a funny angle though...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • very nice looking bike. where abouts in cumbria are you?
  • joshtp - Agree with you there. Think it's sorted now as I've since put a Specialized seat post on instead of the Tioga one.

an_original_name - In Whitehaven. So not too far from some cracking riding :)
  • Pikes finally landed today! They look to be great forks, very good quality. Also 1.2lbs lighter than the Drop Off's. Will hopefully have it out on Sunday for a good blast! Pics to follow.
  • Updated pics:

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Pikes fitted and new Specialized seatpost.
  • Made a few more small changes:

SRAM PC990 Redwin Cassette
    Shimano XT Shadow rear mech
    Shimano XTR Disc Brakes

Really enjoying riding this bike at the moment. Very comfortable when hammered downhill, but also climbs reasonably well. A great all rounder.
  • Updated pics:

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg