help what top?

peehee
peehee Posts: 24
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
hi bit of advice needed?

iam on the look out for a top/jacket for biking in if the sun is not out you know windproof/waterproof anybody give me some idea's

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    peehee wrote:
    hi bit of advice needed?

iam on the look out for a top/jacket for biking in if the sun is not out you know windproof/waterproof anybody give me some idea's

Having just Googled Rothes, I'm thinking maybe sheepskin, something inuit for sure. Or you could check out the Gore range, bound to be something that fits the bill.
  • peehee
    Having just Googled Rothes, I'm thinking maybe sheepskin, something inuit for sure. Or you could check out the Gore range, bound to be something that fits the bill.[/quote]

i was thinking of gore but there's as many different types endura was another brand was toying the idea of aswell
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    A budget would help people with recomendations
  • peehee
    orbeaorca wrote:
    A budget would help people with recomendations

very true :oops:

£60-£70
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,897
    edited March 2011
    how about a really lightweight outer shell, you can wear jersey/whatever underneath and if you get too warm it's easy to scrunch up and put in a pocket

castelli leggero, extremely light, soft fabric, wind/showerproof, very breathable, road crud washes out easily, choice of colours, cute scorpion logo, it's got it all...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=castel ... 65a694bc38

i used the white one through most of the last few months, over a long sleeved jersey and base layer, this was fine down to 1-2 ceicus
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    It has to be layers for me too. I have a decent rainproof jacket (Altura Reflex) but only really use it when it is lashing down and I simply have to go out. Even though it cost a few bob, I have found the term "breathable" to be very subjective (as in the marketing says it is but go up a hill or two and it really isn't).

Hence, something nice and light, packable and showerproof (as per Sungod's post) does it for me then I can wear as many layers under depending on the season. I got the Altura Cropton as a freebie and that is worth every penny :wink:
  • peehee
    cheers sungod and Bobbinogs noted and taken aboard :D
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    edited March 2011
    Oh, very good top review in this month's C+ which landed on my doormat this morning...and a free recovery shake too
  • peehee
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Oh, very good top review in this month's C+ which landed on my doormat this morning...and a free recovery shake too.

ok have to get one nxt time iam shopping :oops:
  • peehee