replacement forks

chopperHarris
chopperHarris Posts: 119
edited April 2011 in Commuting general
I want to replace the existing cheap suspension forks i have on my MTB with a set of non suspension, im evolving it into a hybrid commuter to try and get back in to it again (6 months now since i commuted :cry: )

Its a corratec super light and the the gearing is fine but the forks just bob about to much even when locked out and weigh a ton so best to remove them i think

Runnning Shimano V brakes and a 26" wheel still.

Any suggestions, dont really want to spend an excessive amount as its only a £500 bike as it is!
08 Felt Compulsion 2 SE
09 Corratec S-light
10 Giant Defy 2

Comments

• kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    I've got a Kinesis fork on my MTB. Its light enough and has mounts for your brakes. A lot of MTB forks just have mounts for discs and you have to get mounts which strap on and so aren't as secure.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=49590

And on the bike:

4548370241_cdd3909e9f_m.jpg
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Onza wise guy, bargain! Can be found on fleabay direct from Onza. I have there smart guys as they didn't have these on offer when I got mine.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Onza-Wise-Guy-For ... 519871b34d

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jeremyrundle
    jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
    Buy decent forks that lock out properly, I have Rokshox on all my bikes and would use nothing else, weekends unlock and go off road.
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Buy decent forks that lock out properly, I have Rokshox on all my bikes and would use nothing else, weekends unlock and go off road.

i have a full sus MTB with decent forks no need for them on this hence going for rigids, this thing will never go anywhere near anything worse than a gravel track!

will take a look at the Onza's and the other thread

Thanks
    08 Felt Compulsion 2 SE
    09 Corratec S-light
    10 Giant Defy 2
  • Stuff I have designed
    www.muckynutz.com
  • Just to close this off, i bought the onza wise-guys, they are bloody lovely, fitted in minutes, had some parts from an old headset laying around including a nice new star fangled nut and top cover etc. came the day after i bought them on ebay (even offered less than the asking price and they accepted it!)

Done a couple of rides now on them, fantastic, front end is so much better, can mash the pedals when needed, stand up etc etc, and the weight difference is amazing and they look trick just to top it off!

Beutifully made forks for a very nice price! Thanks for the recomendation. well chuffed!
    08 Felt Compulsion 2 SE
    09 Corratec S-light
    10 Giant Defy 2
  • Just to close this off, i bought the onza wise-guys, they are bloody lovely, fitted in minutes, had some parts from an old headset laying around including a nice new star fangled nut and top cover etc. came the day after i bought them on ebay (even offered less than the asking price and they accepted it!)

Done a couple of rides now on them, fantastic, front end is so much better, can mash the pedals when needed, stand up etc etc, and the weight difference is amazing and they look trick just to top it off!

Beutifully made forks for a very nice price! Thanks for the recomendation. well chuffed!
    08 Felt Compulsion 2 SE
    09 Corratec S-light
    10 Giant Defy 2