Chain Reaction finds and plugs security hole...

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited April 2011 in The hub
I think this deserves a new Thread..

I hope they didn't use a generic puncture repair kit..

Fresh from The Register

Chain Reaction finds and plugs security hole that led to fraud

This part of the article makes me chuckle:
CRC deserves credit for responding quickly to reports of problems, bringing in experts to initiate an investigation, and keeping customers updated about what was happening throughout

*Cough*cough*bullsh*t*cough*

Comments

• So did anyone get a £30 voucher - I didn't.
  • anyuser
    anyuser Posts: 51
    Yes, i got one and I've spent it :D
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    I got a call from the bank today stopping a transaction for £1700 pounds and they knew about the issue with CRC. I was also aware of the problem, but nothing was leaving my account up until today.
    I emailed CRC like they requested and they sent me my £30 voucher. Excellent customer service and I've come out better thanks to these people. Never lost any money, but 30 quid better off :D
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,906
    Interestingly I've just had a call from my credit card provider saying that they've had notification from Visa of a 'possible breach of security' of my credit card number through a retailer. No more details yet, but as a precaution they're closing the old account and opening a new one with a different number. Seems like more than a coincidence that I've used CRC in the not too distant past....
  • I had a similar issue. Cancelled my debit card that I recently bought things from CRC on... was this why? I didn't have anything coming out of my account I didn't authorise so I was a little confused at the time...
    On-One Whippet Singlespeed
    Raleigh Airlite 400
    On-One Fatty (for sale)
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Damn damn damn!

Thought I'd got away with it.
    Logged on to my IB account this morning ... two O2 PAYG txns for £15 ea

Arse.

Card cancelled, funds refunded.